Skip to content

Suggested Features

Please add any suggestions for site features here. There’s no guarantee we will be able to implement your idea, but we welcome your thoughts!

31 results found

1. productos hechos a mano

considero que es una plataforma abierta al intercambio comercial y seria importante abrir la opcion a recibir productos artesanales de otras partes del mundo ..donde las redes no llegan y se puede impulsar el intercambio comercial .. o bien tener algun agente en reino unido que canalice esta artesania ..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Contact buyer button

I'm sure most sellers like to contact buyers to acknowledge/discuss their order. Expecting sellers to contact buyers through an external email address without a Folksy reference must surely be confusing for buyers. I simply can't understand why you don't want messages to remain within the folksy site as this must encourage customers to come back to folksy. As a seller it is really frustrating to have to email customers separately.

Please bring back one click messaging!!!!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Following the launch of the Guest Checkout feature (where buyers are no longer required to register an account on Folksy to complete a purchase), buyers who don’t open an account won’t be able to use the Folksy messaging system. You should be able to contact buyers who have a Folksy account as that feature hasn’t changed.

3. Have a longer listing period for example 'until sold'

The 120 days option doesn't allow shops to list a product and not worry when it ends if not sold but having an 'until sold' option would allow shops to run smoother especially if you have lots of products.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bring back the old 'Recently listed' page format please!

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but since the 'recently listed' page has changed from a scroll down option to view everything, to a click on the next page facility, sales have gone down. I know that i can't be bothered to make the effort to click on numerous pages and found it far easier to view recently listed items with the old format. I have noticed a significant drop on both shops i have on here. Just wondered if anyone has experienced the same. When your paying £45 for a years listing, you'd like to know…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately the pagination of the gallery pages (including recently listed) was the original format – the introduction of continuous scroll was very unpopular and so we reverted back to pagination. There are no plans to re-introduce continuous scrolling.

5. spellckeck

check your spelling before listing is complete

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m afraid this isn’t something we’ll be developing for Folksy. However, there is a solution for this – some browsers will automatically spell check your text for you as you type (e.g. Google Chrome). Or you could use a wordprocessing program to type your text into to check before you copy and paste it into Folksy.

6. how about using "-" to mean EXCEPT.... as in porcelain -button. Its not exactly a new idea, but your system does not recognise "-"

Why does the "minus" sign not work? For instance, porcelain -button -pendant -bunting -bunting = 37,000 items, INCLUDING BUTTONS, bunting, etc. I'd get a shorter list with JUST "porcelain" meanwhile inundated with silly porcelain buttons.

Another example: "hand thrown porcelain mug" = 44,837 matches.

... and not remotely helpful.

Please enable the minus sign to exclude search terms.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. select no of items to view per page

give options like show 'all' or '50' '100' etc when viewing items for sale per page.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Improve website

Have more search filters i.e price, words in title,.
    Have a button called return to search page because if you click the favourite button etc then you have to press the back button a few times till you get back to search page.
    When you go back to the search/display page go back to the item you were viewing not the top of the page.
    Have the facility so that you can view more than 20 items per page!
    Get a faster server.
    This has all been said previously and so dont really know why this has not changed yet?…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closing this suggestion, not because we’re declining the idea to improve the website, but because it is made up of a number of ideas which are duplicated elsewhere in Suggested Features. Could you please vote on individual ideas. Thanks!

9. Why can an item only be made of five materials? most of my fascinators are made of more than five.

Why can an item only be made of five materials? most of my fascinators are made of more than five. allow unlimited materials to be listed .

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Colour and materials facets enable buyers to refine their search, so they are most effectively used for the main materials used in your products. If there are more than 5 materials used and they are relevant to the item, we would suggest you include them as part of your item description.

10. More Craft Catagories

There dosn't seem to be many craft catagories on this site. I make wooden Nativer American style flutes, but there dosn't seem to be any catagorie that they would fit into. Can we have more craft ones, like woodworking, to better fit the many different artisan crafts being made in the uk?
    Thanks

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. combined postage

There needs to be a way that we can manipulate invoices to combine the postage when several different items are posted.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please could you move 'Inbox' link to more user-friendly position?

I would like to be able to move my 'Inbox' link from its position quite some way down the 'Dashboard' page, up towards the top.
    When I have messages to read I'd like to make it easier to find them. Thanks x

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Independent label music

Hi there,
    Have you considered including a section for selling independent label music CDs on your website?
    I think your market would be interested in this type of thing.
    I'm thinking original roots music and also traditional music.
    I would certainly like to sell my music on your site.
    I think it would fit in well with your ideology.
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    Shelagh

Shelagh McKay Jones
    Unbroken

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I have a craft supply that I sell on E-Bay and Etsy and have many UK buyers and would love to sell on here, Please your change policy.

Have many uses for many of your buyers, artists doll makers, etc. Please let me know when you change your policy it would be beneficial to many who need my product and do not know where to get it!
    Thanks

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The bestseller list shows the top sellers by revenue over the last 7 days, so it is possible to make the list with 2 large sales. We are however thinking about more ways to display activity on the site as well as the bestseller list.

16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow sellers to choose whether to pay for the plus account with paypal OR gocardless?

Many sellers like myself are holding back from the new plus account because we don't want our personal bank details to be held by gocardless.

I believe that we all already have a paypal account - can you change the system so that we can pay for the plus account with paypal?

If it comes down to how much paypal charge folsky vs how much gocardless charge folksy, I would be willing to pay a bit extra for the peace of mind to use paypal - which in my case feeds from my credit card, not my current account.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry, we’re can only accept payments for the Plus account through GoCardless. Please note that the payment is a one-off and you will need to reauthorise any new payments (e.g. if you want to renew at the end of 12 months), so no payments will be taken automatically. There is more information about the Security of GoCardless here: https://gocardless.com/security

18. Please can you remove the 'gold stars'.

Featured sellers now have gold stars against every item listed for sale. Gold stars, by their very nature, indicate to buyers and browsers that those sellers' items and shops are better than the competition's, and therefore gives them an unfair advantage. Featured sellers are already on a special list, and will be there forever, so this further boost is not only unfair, it's unnecessary.

71 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your contribution to this feature request.

We have no plans for removing the marker for Featured Sellers.

However we are planning to introduce other ways for Folksy designer-makers to be featured and promoted on the site (other than editorial ones).

Folksy Support

19. Paying your bill over the phone

I think it should be made possible to be able to pay for your bill in other ways other than paypal. I seem to have nothing but problems paying my bill using the paypal link provided.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m afraid it’s not possible to take payments over the phone but if you do have problems paying your Paypal bill, please contact Support and we’ll do our best to help!

20. Tick Box for Yes or No to pinning an item to Pinterest

A box for yes or no you can add this item to pinterest - I have come across some sellers who don't want their items pinned because of concerns regarding copying from pinterest. If there is a 'yes you can' or 'no you can't' pin this item ready to be ticked on listing the item & then visible for anyone to see, this would avoid inadvertently pinning an item against the wishes of the copyright owner.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re not convinced that developing this feature would restrict the sharing of work across social networks. We do monitor the Pinterest debates, their revised terms of use are much improved. Also the Folksy Terms of Use allow Folksy to reproduce your work for the purposes of marketing and one of our marketing channels, along with Twitter, Svpply and Facebook is Pinterest.
    If there continues to be concern over the use of Pinterest for our sellers then we may look alternatives for communicating non-particpation in sharing images.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggested Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base