Skip to content

Suggested Features

Please add any suggestions for site features here. There’s no guarantee we will be able to implement your idea, but we welcome your thoughts!

83 results found

1. Confirmation email

Would be really useful to have a confirmation email sent automatically to a custom when they place an order.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All buyers are already sent an automatic confirmation email when they place an order. This email goes to their registered email address if they are a registered Folksy user, or the email address they stated at checkout if they are a guest buyer

2. Adding an alternative to Paypal as a Payment Method

Is it possible to expand the payment options to include something other than Paypal? I know of a lot of people who aren't comfortable using Paypal and it would be good to have a choice of methods rather than just one. I know that we can accept cheques/bank drafts etc and then contact folksy to mark them as paid, but it would be good to offer a different method that was just a couple of clicks rather than a long winded conversation . Since I've been able to accept cards as well as paypal elsewhere, I've found most sales are…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If a user searches on multiple words, then only items that match all of those words are returned

If a user searches on multiple words, then only items that match all of those words are returned

Please add this facility. In a previous comment you say that this has been done. However, it's just not working. If I type into the search area "Long red necklace", I do not get results that match all that criteria at all. I seem to get everything that has either "long", "red" or "necklace" in its description. I can't see how buyers are going to find my items like this. It is terribly frustrating and seems such a basic function of a…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The ability to have the name of your town name appear underneath your name

If there was an option to add the name of your town followed by UK instead of just United Kingdom and have it appear under your name in your shop.

Buyers would stand a better chance of finding local shops and would be able to opt for collection and save the cost of postage.

Sometimes the cost of postage can be more than the cost of the actual item.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. why can't you copy a listing so you can sell similar items and list them quickly?

why can't you copy a listing so you can post similar items to ones you have already for sale in your shop without having to do every listing from scratch? saves A LOT OF TIME

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there

It is possible to copy listings. To do this, go to your Dashboard, click on ‘Listings’ on the left hand side and then click the ‘Copy’ button alongside the item you wish to copy.

6. Search by categories, as well as key words

When searching for products I would like to be able to search by category, as well as key word. For example, I wanted to return to a product I had seen earlier, 'lime green....' and had to trawl all through every and any item to get to the baby cardi I was searching for. This would also help to find items as currently I have to guess exact descriptions, ie did seller type cardi or cardigan (or cardigen in some cases).

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now refine any search by category, which should resolve this problem. Also search has been improved so that small spelling errors are taken into account.

7. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there

It is possible to do this already. Edit your items using the ‘edit this item’ link on the right hand side of the item page, or by going to the ‘Listings’ section of your Dashboard and clicking ‘edit’ alongside the item. Simply drag and drop the images into the order you want them in.

8. Can we have a 'view your posts' feature on the forum please.

As above really, most forums have this and I find it useful to keep track of my posts.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. being able to attach images in messages

When customers have messaged you and are interested in commissioning a piece from you, it would be great if you could be able to attach a photo or image of your proposed design in your message, so it keeps you and your customer in Folksy and not have get them to give you their email address.
    Thank you

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Featured Items

Something I like about Etsy is that you can select a number of 'featured' items, which will appear at the top of the page and will be the first items your customer is greeted with when visiting your shop. I think this would be a great idea for Folksy, as currently I have no way of arranging the order of my listings unless I delete them and relist them in the preferred order - which would take a while!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Featured items are now available for Plus sellers. You will need a Plus account and update to the ‘new look’ shopfronts to enable this

Good news! We’re making your shop better. This work will be released over the next few weeks and will include bring able to feature items (Plus accounts only). The latest seller email contains more information:

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=3d1c6a149b4d82013b3fd0b15&id=8d98b11d56&e=020a45cb1f

We’ll be updating you on the shop work in a separate email soon and also talking about the work on the Folksy blog.

11. The ability to cancel an order immediately instead of waiting 24 hours

Having had 3 non paying buyers in little more than a week I find the most annoying thing is having to wait 24 hours to cancel the order. In my experience if a customer intends to pay for an item they either will straight away or they will email to say they're having difficulties, if neither happens then usually the customer has either bought the item by accident and had no intention of purchasing or they've simply changed their mind after committing to buy.

I'm not one for sending chasing emails to customers to goad them into paying for something…

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please could you put the number of new messages in brackets next to the 'Hello' and my username?

I'd like to see the number of new messages in brackets next to the 'Hello' and my username. Is this possible?
    Thank you x

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Photo's turning Side Ways - BUG - Sort it. It's not the uploader, it's the website!

Hi. could some one please sort this bug. My images are taken with a normal camera. I remember i had this issue 2 months back and stopped using folksy. So I've worked out the bug for you so please fix it as it's wasting not just my time others.

Right, from what i gather it's due to the pixels, especially if you have long photos for example px w300 and hight 1000px

It will turn the photo side ways!

So to correct this, crop the photo until you get a more or less even square size at - 500px x…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sell a similar item template, as per ebay???

Hi there, am a total newbie so maybe this is possible but couldn't see a way of making a template or selling a similar item to save having to type everything out everytime for a listing when items are of the same type???
    Lorraine

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there

You can’t create a similar listing to another seller’s item on Folksy but you can copy your own listing once you have created one. To do this, go to Dashboard > Listings and then click on ‘copy’ alongside the listing you want to copy.

15. As sellers do we have to show publicly the number of items we have sold (or not?!)

I don't like this feature, particularly as I'm new to Folksy and haven't sold anything yet :/. I would rather the public not know how many items I've sold, is there a way of keeping this information private, is the number of items sold really relevant to buyers anyway?

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Past monthly billing information

Under Your Folksy Bill, please can the historic paid bills be ordered so that the most recent bill is at the top of the list, and the earliest bill is at the bottom? At the moment, the order is from earliest to most recent, which means having to scroll right down to the bottom of the page to see your most recent bills. Thanks.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Concerned about how many " bought in " items seem to be listed

I'm new to Folksy but have been a designer maker of silver gold and gem set jewellery for over 25 years. Whilst I know jewellers get castings of their own designs made and then finish them there seems to be loads of things of Folksy that are not in anyway handmade or hand finished.....Who is policing what is and isn't posted?
    If I make a handmade item from start to finish I cannot compete with an item that is bought in. I understood when I signed up to Folksy it was for promoting good quality British made crafts? Does anyone…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This page outlines the criteria for what is allowed to be listed on Folksy and also some specific examples of what is not allowed. This content constitutes our policy on “handmade” as referred to in the Terms of Use:

http://folksy.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/54524

Folksy polices the policy on handmade through post-moderation – through sampling products and reviewing items that are reported.

If you spot anything that you believe is bought-in, please use the ‘report this item’ link on the item page.

18. When we receive a message, we need to see the item being reffered to.

I find it very frustrating when receiving messages, that I cannot see the "exact" item being referred to. Also, I would like to be able to see the message as I write my reply, so I can see the senders name and any requests while I compile a reply. It would also be useful to be able to send a link to my shop items in messages and to show photographs. This would also keep the prospective buyer inside Folksy, otherwise I have to ask for them to email me, so I can show photos and links, Sue

62 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have an easy way to embed your Folksy shop in another website

I'm not sure if this option exists. I've seen on Etsy that they do a mini-widget thing that will display a few of your listed items on your blog/website. I will soon be creating a website for a new venture selling craft items, which i would also like to list on Folksy to increase product views. What would be really good would be to simply list everything on Folksy once, and for this information to automatically be updated on my website. And for it to look like a proper shop rather than just a little widget like the Etsy option.…

86 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Put a clear link for feedback on the emails sent out to purchasers. It is not obvious how to do this.

I bought a few items for presents and pleased with all of them. I've been looking for some time but can't find out how to do it.

Maybe I'm the only person this dim but hopfiully not!

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?