Skip to content

Suggested Features

Please add any suggestions for site features here. There’s no guarantee we will be able to implement your idea, but we welcome your thoughts!

31 results found

1. iPad/iPhone app

Would be really handy to have folksy as an app on the iPhone or iPad

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d love to have an iPhone app unfortunately this isn’t a project we’re able to resource.

Whilst not being the same as a dedicated native iOS app the layout and design of Folksy adapts to work on different screen resolutions and widths.

2. Caption pictures

Please can we have the ability to caption pictures? For example, sometimes I might want to show the front and back of something in additional pictures where this might not be obvious from the main photograph.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately we aren’t considering this at the moment but you can add text to your images before uploading them using a graphics program such as Paint or Photoshop

3. Facebook

Please can you re-instate the 'share' on Facebook box rather than the 'like' option. I much prefer advertising my shop to my friends instead of telling everyone I like my own stuff!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately Facebook no longer support the Share button.

From, http://developers.facebook.com/docs/share/

Facebook make this announcement:

“The Share button has been deprecated in favor of the Like button, and will no longer be supported.
    Please use the Like button whenever possible to drive maximum traffic to your apps.”

These are now the only Social Plugins websites are able to use: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/

4. Remove amount sold in favor for feedback as visible only

Hi there.
    Some of us ladies on Facebook were discussing the idea of taking off the badge that shoes the amount of goods that are sold by a shop. The reason behind this is that feedback should be enough to judge a shop , as the amount of goods sold does not mean your goods are not wanted. It just means there not for everyone , as taste differ. Most people I have spoken to look to see how much is sold to judge weather to buy or not, I honestly do not think this is a good way to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for you contribution to the suggested features on Folksy.

The sold items archive will remain as a useful record of a shop’s recent sales (the last sixty items are displayed). It is not a source of customer satisfaction or an qualitative index of a shop’s worth.

The feedback feature on Folksy is used to review customer comments and it’s this feature that we would look to enhance in future rather than replace an unconnected view on a shop’s sales.

Folksy support

5. Please can we make prices of sold items invisible?

Please could it be possible to hide the prices paid for items once they are viewed in the 'sold items' section? This has been an issue when things are bought as gifts, and also when I need to put the prices up (or down)!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With the new system of re-stocking listings and permanent URL’s for items it’s possible for you to have a item appearing on the sold screen and, because you’ve re-stocked the listing, appearing in your shop. If you want to change the price of an old listing that you aren’t using any more you could edit that listing to reflect a different price.

6. Please create a DOG TSHIRT as subcategory on GARDEN and PET category; as there is not a subcategory i had put my DOG TSHIRT on DOG COAT

I need a subcategory for my DOG TSHIRTS as there is nome I had add them on DOG COATS category. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggested feature request.

Additional categories on Folksy are created when evidence gathered from our site analytics and users reveals a need. At this time ‘Dog T-Shirts’ would not be necessary addition to the navigation, being too similar to ‘Dog Coats’.

Thank you.

Folksy Support

7. Multi-edit

It would be extremely useful (and time saving) if multiple items could be edited at the same time, e.g I have just changed the price of some items (the same item, listed in different colours). This could've been done much quicker if I could highlight the items I wanted to edit and edit all at once.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We can add a ‘bulk change’ feature for some actions to update listings. For example you can now re-list, delete and hide multiple listings. Together with a bulk action to change the sections of the shop your listings appear. However more detailed editing of listing content isn’t an easy action to create a ‘bulk edit’ feature for.

8. 10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We already have many ways to search for, browse and filter items, including the categories, price, colours and materials, listed date, and so on. We’ll continue to evolve these features into the future in response to feedback and usability research.

As this isn’t a specific suggestion I’m closing this idea.

9. Featured sellers

I'm always interested in the featured sellers displayed on the homepage however I have one or two 'issues':
    1. The shop is on holiday. I realise sellers cannot be available all the time but it would be nice if they were whilst their shop is on the front page.
    2. Very small selection of products. Over the 18 pages of featured sellers there is one shop with no products listed, one shop with one product listed and two shops with two products listed. I often pop back to a shop I liked to see if they have listed anything so…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We try to ensure that the currently featured seller (on the homepage) has items available for sale. The list of previous featured sellers is provided as an archive however, and we can’t control whether these shops still have items for sale.

10. Short term listings

Although you have shortened the listing time to 4 months it would be helpful if there were some extra short term listings for specific celebrations such as Christmas, Easter, Valentines Day, Olympics etc so that items for Christmas, say, are 'extinct' by New Year.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The new interface for managing items will make it a lot easier to de-list items after a certain event (e.g. Christmas or Valentines), so we don’t think there will be a need to specify the listing length up front when first listing the items.

11. What happened to the 'continue shopping' button? Can we have it back please?

I have just purchased some items and nowhere could I see 'continue shopping' so had to keep pressing the back button instead. Not very professional.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve removed this link as it was confusing some buyers (it always linked to the homepage, rather than the category or shop you’d arrived from).

In the future we may offer buyers additional links or suggested items after adding an item to the basket.

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggested Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base