Suggested Features

Please add any suggestions for site features here. There’s no guarantee we will be able to implement your idea, but we welcome your thoughts!

1. Please can we have a sub section in Dolls & Collectibles called Dolls House Miniatures

The Collectors market for Dolls House Miniatures is very large with lots of people with plenty of money to spend in this area.
    There are now more people listing dolls house miniatures on Folksy and as sellers we would like a specific category for them in the Dolls & Collectibles Section.

60 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shop Notification Area

Please please can we have a “Notification” area against each shop where we can put notices.
    EG:
    1. Please buy something – I’m broke !
    2. Moving house – clearout of stock sale before I go
    3. Shop will be closed 6th June to 28th June but I will be picking up messages
    4.Happy Birthday to me (not today but 4th June but wouldn’t it be nice to be able to announce it)
    5. Merry Christmas to all my lovely customers
    6. Free P&P today only – will give refund via paypal after you have bought all my lovely stuff…

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New links to facebook/ twitter/ blog etc. to open in a new window/ tab

The new links to our individual facebook and other social media profiles are great - thank you. But could they please open in a new window or a new tab as it takes the viewer right out of Folksy and away from the shop where we want them to stay! It's great for people to be able look into us and our work before buying but it would be good if they remained on site as well. Thanks.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Edit Listings In Bulk

It would be great if you want to revise something that isn't necessarily "description" for example postage prices to be able to do this in bulk. Due to the recent changes by Royal Mail it will be necessary for all of us to update our listings so we don't lose out on postage costs, which is ok to do individually if you only have a few things listed, but if you have loads it's really time consuming!
    I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get the software to put certain editable data into a grid field where you could…

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Shipping to EU

If there was a shipping option that covered EU then I would give that option, but at the moment you have to list each country seperately.

Better still would be a shipping profile that you applied to each item.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bulk relisting

I'd love the ability to relist items in bulk via some kind of tick box page. Currently when items delist I have to go through each one and approve the relisting item by item which takes hours. Having the ability to simply tick a box next to the items I want to relist and approve them all at once would be wonderful. You could still go in and edit individual listings in detail but for itemsthat don't need any editing before relisting it would be a huge time saver to be able to do them all at once.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. More Shop Categories

Could we possibly be allowed more categories for our shops? Its to hard to list my cards in a nice efficient way for my customers as i just can't list enough categories.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In the new-look shopfronts, ‘collections’ have replaced the old ‘sections’ feature. You can have an unlimited number of collections, and you can put items in more than one collection. If you are unable to update your shop to the new look, please contact us!

8. Encourage communication before leaving negative feedback

Could there a note beside the feedback box suggesting buyers contact the seller before leaving negative feedback? It seems unfair to have negative feedback on your record for a situation that you then fixed for them, eg. resent an item that never arrived.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a picture to meet the maker

Could we have the ability to add an image to our meet the maker page - perhaps a picture of our workrooms, us creating our products, craft fair display of products etc - think it would really add something to those pages.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. As sellers do we have to show publicly the number of items we have sold (or not?!)

I don't like this feature, particularly as I'm new to Folksy and haven't sold anything yet :/. I would rather the public not know how many items I've sold, is there a way of keeping this information private, is the number of items sold really relevant to buyers anyway?

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. App Required!!!

I can't believe that Folksy doesn't have an app. Needs one that can be used for both buying and selling

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Viewing and Usability for Buyers

Something I find frustrating at times is when I want to look at a catergory and only 18 items are shown at one time, until I select 'show more items' do you have the option to show '200 items' so buyers can see more items per page...?

Also when viewing an item, you have to actually click on the additional photos to view them in the larger frame, do you have the capability to have indicators left/right on the larger frame to switch between photo's rather than scrolling down the page and selecting individually.

Thank you
    Lime in the Coconut

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have recently increased the number of items per view in categories and sub-categories from 18 to 60, making it easier to browse lots of items.

13. Displaying shop names correctly on listings under thumbnails

When I view my shop, or anyone's shop for that matter, why are the case of the words in shop names not displayed properly?

My shop is 'Tom Bland Photography', but for some bizarre reason it is displayed as 'Tom bland photography' under each thumbnail in my shop.

Please can this be fixed? It just doesn't look very good.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Customer details and date on sold items

Please could we have customer details back on sold orders as well as date sold.
    It is usefull to see at a glance when you have a repeat customer -and what and when they have bought before.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. It needs to be clear that you cannot leave feedback if you are only buying as a guest.

As a buyer of items from Sweet Bee Quilts, I was taken to the payment page and it wasn't clear I needed to make an account if I then wanted to give feedback. I now can't give feedback as i was classed as just a 'guest buyer'. Please can we still leave feedback if we are still guests?

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Search by categories, as well as key words

When searching for products I would like to be able to search by category, as well as key word. For example, I wanted to return to a product I had seen earlier, 'lime green....' and had to trawl all through every and any item to get to the baby cardi I was searching for. This would also help to find items as currently I have to guess exact descriptions, ie did seller type cardi or cardigan (or cardigen in some cases).

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now refine any search by category, which should resolve this problem. Also search has been improved so that small spelling errors are taken into account.

17. Put a clear link for feedback on the emails sent out to purchasers. It is not obvious how to do this.

I bought a few items for presents and pleased with all of them. I've been looking for some time but can't find out how to do it.

Maybe I'm the only person this dim but hopfiully not!

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Automatic re-listing (optional) and de-listing notifications

I am fed up with items de-listing and my not noticing. I have several shops, on several sites. Please give us notifications when something is about to de-list and also an option of ticking a box to say that our item will be automatically re-listed and billed indefinately until we remove it.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adding an alternative to Paypal as a Payment Method

Is it possible to expand the payment options to include something other than Paypal? I know of a lot of people who aren't comfortable using Paypal and it would be good to have a choice of methods rather than just one. I know that we can accept cheques/bank drafts etc and then contact folksy to mark them as paid, but it would be good to offer a different method that was just a couple of clicks rather than a long winded conversation . Since I've been able to accept cards as well as paypal elsewhere, I've found most sales are…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. If a message fails to send (forgot to enter a subject), keep the message body

Currently, if I forget to enter a message subject and click send, I get an error message and the message body is cleared. It would be a lot less frustrating if I didn't have to retype the whole message all over again.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggested Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base