Suggested Features for Folksy...

Please can we have shipping profiles?

The Royal Mail has now changed the way world wide postage is calculated and charges according to the 'zone' the recipient lives in.
UK,
Europe (EU & Non EU)
World Zone 1 - The Americas, The African continant, Asia, etc
World Zone 2 - Australia, New Zealand, etc

Please, please, please can we have shipping profiles we can set up with the 'zones' included so it's easier to set up in our shops.

99 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  FolksyAdminFolksy (Folksy Support, Folksy) responded  · 

Hello all. Making it easier to specify shipping costs to a range of different destinations is something we’ve long wanted to do, and is on our to-do list for the not too distant future.

Our first priority will be to define ‘postal zones’ for common groups of countries. We’ll look at the pricing structures of the Royal Mail (and other services like Parcelforce) to define this.

Any feedback you have on postal zones you think would make sense would be appreciated and will be taken into consideration too – please add them in comments on this feature.

Many thanks,

Frankie
    Folksy development team

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, being able to list the shipping prices for 'UK Mainland' and 'UK Non-mainland' (e.g. shetland etc) would be useful as the printers i use will deliver to my customer free if they are mainland UK but not if they are in the shetlands/isle of wight etc. Cheers

• Tracey ChristieTracey Christie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you add European Union please, I use this when listing items in my etsy shop, but find I have to list each country on folksy. I have also found that Canada, Australia and USA are all the same price for smaller, lighter items

• Tracey ChristieTracey Christie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Folksy and Etsy to sell my bags, and I must say that to list items on Etsy is easier when it comes to the postage, I use 5 areas, UK, EU, USA, Canada and Australia. if I list on folsy I only do 4 areas, UK, USA, Canada and Austalia, this is because it takes too long to list all the EU countries I would post to, so I could be loosing sales, just a thought. Thanks

• Sue MellemSue Mellem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this would be a real plus for us sellers, ensuring that we have consistent shipping profiles within our shop, and would be clearer to prospective buyers, particularly overseas buyers

• Michele WebberMichele Webber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a website with artweb.com and you can create your own shipping profiles, for example I can make a profile and name it 'mosaics under 1kg' or whatever, then add all the different postage charges for uk, eu, worldwide, whatever I want. Makes listing a dream, and changed my postage for the whole site when the charges went up, took about 10 minutes!

• Teresa WalkerTeresa Walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be much easier to admin, especially in the light of the recent postal price rises, as it's taken so much precious time away from crafting just to adjust prices on each and every item. I've shipped quite a lot of my items to USA this year so it would benefit everyone to have a proper 'one-click' shipping profile.

Feedback and Knowledge Base