All payments are sent from you, directly to the seller. At checkout you will be given the option to pay using your card and/or with PayPal, depending on how the seller accepts payments.
All sellers accept payments through PayPal and many now accept payments by card. Please note that if you would like to pay by card and the card option is not available at checkout, you can pay by credit or debit card when you check out as a guest though PayPal (where available, see below).
Credit or Debit Card
We support payments from all major credit and debit cards. Our online payment system is very simple to use - you don't need to create an account, just enter your email address and card details and confirm you order. The transaction will appear on your card statement as the seller's name or shop name.
Your payment and details are secure and are processed by Stripe. Stripe has been audited by an independent PCI Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and is certified as a PCI Level 1 Service Provider. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry. Read more here https://stripe.com/docs/security/stripe
The easiest way to pay for an item through Paypal is to log in to your Paypal account. Simply choose Paypal as your payment method, click on 'Check out' and log into your PayPal account. Please remember to confirm your order when PayPal redirects you to the Folksy screen or your order won't be created.
If you don’t already have a Paypal account it’s easy to set one up during checkout:
1. Choose to pay with Paypal
2. Click on 'Check out'
3. On the Paypal screen, select 'Create an Account' and follow the on-screen instructions.
Paypal Guest checkout
If the seller does not accept direct card payments and you don’t want to register with Paypal you can use a credit or debit card on the Paypal site, as long as:
1. The seller has enabled this in their Paypal settings.
2. It is supported on your browser (please note that Paypal guest checkout is not always supported on Mobile devices such as smartphones)
3. You have not exceeded the maximum number of guest transactions with your email address and/or card
To do this:1. Add items to your basket items and choose the pay with 'Paypal' button
2. Click on 'Check out'
3. On the Paypal log in screen look for the link at the bottom that says 'Checkout as a Guest' or 'Pay with a debit or credit card'
4. Fill in your card details and follow the on-screen instructions
5. (optional) If you decide that you do want to set up a PayPal account during checkout, please select the 'create PayPal account' option at the bottom of the page
What if I can't pay?
If you are having problems paying, you can still place an order. There’s a link at the bottom of the basket taking you to a form where you can detail your problem. That automatically sends an email to the seller (as well as to you, confirming your order) letting them know a customer has bought an item but needs help paying.
The seller(s) will be in touch to arrange payment with you as soon as they can. They may send you a PayPal invoice to allow you to try again, or arrange an alternative payment method. The seller will post your order out once they have received cleared payment. Please be aware that the seller(s) may not accept alternative payment methods and your order may be cancelled.