Suggested Features

Please add any suggestions for site features here. There’s no guarantee we will be able to implement your idea, but we welcome your thoughts!

Suggested Features for Folksy...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Obvious feedback tab needed

I've got a shop here and have no feedback, I've just purchased items and not been able to find the feedback tab to leave feedback - please make it obvious so that a buyer can find it without looking ( I've still not found it!)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pierced earrings returns

Should have words to the the effect 'Please note that for hygiene reasons we are unable to refund pierced goods or cosmetics Unless faulty,' as how does the seller know if they've been worn? Can't re sell goods through due diligence, even online companies have this exclusion.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. free shipping banner on listings

Hi - would it be possible to have a free shipping graphic on thumbnail/main listing photographs so that customers browsing can see straight away that the price includes shipping ?

I remember Folksy saying that offering free shipping, even if you have included it in the price, can encourage buyers.

thanks
    -x-

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Stock Level in Variations

Can we please have the ability to include stock levels in variations. We can include variations in price, but not the number of items available in each variation. Consequently if a particular item is sold out, it doesn’t reflect that in the listing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Link to Folksy interview for featured sellers.

Would it be possible for previous featured sellers to have a link to their Folksy interview where the star is presently - ?

It may help in promoting in yourself as you can share your processes etc, and people can find out more about the maker if they want to.

thanks -x-

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The ability to use CSV files for bulk uploads of new inventory.

Using a CSV file with all your data under sub headings allows you to upload all of your inventory in one upload rather than having to list all items individually and would save a ridiculous amount of time.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. How do I find my 'favourites' please?

Difficult to find the favourites link (although I am using folksy via Instagram on small iPhone). Could be more obvious perhaps in your ''menu" have an obvious symbol for 'my favourites'. This might already exist. Just giving my feedback. 😂 This is an awesome website 🙌🙌 Love art myself and when I have more time in the future I'd love to get back into it x

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Free Shipping option if buyer lives in your local area/vicinity

Could we have a Free Shipping option (only available to buyers who live in your immediate local area/vicinity?). You can deliver it in person @ the buyer's house once payment is received.

This would be better than buyer coming to your house.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A channel to reply to enquiries through Folksy rather than through own email. I had an enquiry from a buyer through Folksy las week w

I had an enquiry from a buyer through Folksy las week wanting to know if I could supply an item that she thought was the perfect item in time for an anniversary gift. I replied immediately. And was surprised that someone so keen did not come back so I emailed another 2 times .....apologising in case she had changed her mind and wondering if my reply had arrived.
    She replied yesterday saying that she had only just seen my reply in her spam folder........she thought I had not replied and had bought elsewhere.
    One, this makes me look like I…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Crowdfunding some apps

As we've all been told over and over folksy can't afford to fund the making of apps for smartphones, so why don't we crowdfund (is that a word?) them instead. Most of us know just how important apps are for sellers and shoppers, so we should put our money where our mouth is and chip in part of the cost.
    I'm not saying we should pay for it all but maybe if we could come up with part of the money Folksy could come up with the rest??
    This really is something we need to get the folksy brand out…

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. A category for leathercrafts

A category for Leather, leather crafts, tools etc.

As this is becoming a very popular craft, but there is no real provision within the categories.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Flagging when shop owners are listing something that could be potentially not allowed on Folksy

There has been a bit of a debate on the Folksy forum about some of the new shops selling items that we believe aren't allowed on Folksy. They could be items that aren't really handmade or could have been made outside the UK, they could be items that are being resold, they could be items infringing copyright etc etc.

http://talk.folksy.com/t/time-for-a-crackdown-folksy/9285/467

I'm suggesting that Folksy write something in to the computer program both to let sellers know when they are listing something that might be deemed in appropriate to sell and to trawl through all the existing listings too.

165 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. WE NEED A FOLKSY APP!!!For both facebook and mobile devices!

We need a folksy app for mobile devices and for our facebook pages. To keep up with other selling sites we need to have similar options for potential customers. They are not going to buy from us if there is a simpler way to go through an etsy/ebay app and find things from their phones etc It is really falling behind not having this option, these days its strange there's not an app for it! Folksy should be a bigger name within the uk than other selling sites as it is uk based and this would help toward that! Ease…

405 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    49 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. May I suggest that when listing a newly crafted Item,that the Photo upload part be after the Title ,as it helps to describe if your photo is

Place photo upload part of listing, up near the top of the page,as when describing an item it helps to see the photo as well as the real thing.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. start an affiliate program

start an affiliate program in order to encourage others to help market this site and the craft producers on it.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. sold items - multiple items not showing.

Would it be possible to show multiples of items sold please - at the moment if lots of people buy the same item, only the latest sale shows. Therefore it looks like you only ever sell one of each type of item.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Shop collection photos in square format

Whilst we all strive to achieve better photos why is it that throughout Folksy "square" format photos work best whilst those associated with our shop collections are in a rectangular format and therefore often have detail cropped from them. Please could these be changed to square format so that the shop front doesn't look careless and sloppy!

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Gift vouchers

I would love to be able to give and receive Folksy gift vouchers. I hope that is something that you can consider in the future.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable buyers to instantly download digital purchases. I.e. for PDF sewing & knitting patterns

I sell e-patterns and would like to be able to upload them to each listing so a buyer can instantly download it once purchased to save me having to email it for every sale.
    A category for PDF downloads would be great, its vastly becomming the preferred option for buyers of sewing patterns and other websites are offering this. It could cover a wide range of tutorials such as crafts, arts and digital supplies.

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggested Features

Feedback and Knowledge Base