1. Create a new profile in Google Analytics
- Log into Google Analytics or create an account if you don't already have one
- Once logged in, click on ‘Admin’ (on the right hand side of the orange bar) to access your Account Administration page.
- Click on ‘+ New account’
- Give your new profile a name so that you know which site you are looking at the data for when you come back to it later (e.g. your Folksy shop name or username, ‘my folksy shop’ or ‘folksy’)
- Next to ‘Website’s URL’, select ‘http://’ from the drop down list and type the address of your Folksy shop in the following format: yourusername.folksy.com
- Set industry category and timezone (optional)
- Data Sharing Settings> Select your preferences
- User Agreement> select United Kingdom
- Terms and Conditions> Read and select yes to accept the terms
- Click on ‘Create account’
On the next page:
- Note down or copy the Tracking ID at the top of the page. The code you see is unique to you, so make sure you copy it down exactly as it appears on the screen in Google Analytics but it should look something like this: UA-12345678-3
- Leave the 'What are you tracking' section selected as 'A single domain'
- Click on 'Save' at the bottom of the page.
2. Add your Tracking ID to your Folksy shop
- Login to Folksy and visit ‘Your Account’ by clicking on your username in the bar at the top of the page.
- Click ‘Shop Settings’ on the left hand side
- Paste or type the Tracking ID you noted down earlier into the ‘Google Analytics code’ field (remember, your code is unique to you, but will look something like UA-12345678-3)
- Click on ‘Update Shop' at the bottom of the page.
3. View your data
Log back into Google Analytics after a few hours, click on your profile name and you should see that your shop is being monitored. Please note that it can take up to 24 hours for data to start being displayed by Google Analytics, and that it does not show data from before you set up the profile.
For tips on how to use Google Analytics to analyse your data, please go to: http://support.google.com/analytics/?hl=en_US