Skip to content

Suggested Features

Please add any suggestions for site features here. There’s no guarantee we will be able to implement your idea, but we welcome your thoughts!

252 results found

1. Change the pin icon and categories shown in our shops

The pin in our shops under the 'designed by' takes people out of our shops after we have worked hard to get them there.

It would make more sense if the links took them to other items in the same category IN our shops rather than similar items in other peoples shops.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Improve listing thumbnails

It's annoying that item thumbnails that appear on the listings page do not appear in their entirety when their aspect ratio does not match that of the thumbnail frame. Surely it's not that difficult to autosize the picture so that the entire image fits within the thumbnail frame, adding a border either at the top or side where necessary

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Select a Gift List to browse

At the moment the homepage includes links to a gift list or two- which look randomly selected? I would like to be able to chose a list to look at- why not have a drop down menu at the top, like there is for jewellery, art etc?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Custom Listing

Can we have a way of creating a custom listing for an item that has not been made yet, eg pet portrait. Maybe rather than a buy it button, a "start an order" button or "reserve an option"/"deposit" button. I don't like having to charge for a completed item without having discussed with the customer all the details and ensured I am able to complete the item they are requesting.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please can we have a section for GLASS ?

There are many hobby fusers in the UK looking to sell their work and looking for nice supplies. I have just started listing a few supplies which aren't in shops and my only available section is under 'commercial' . Most of my glass embellishments are hand made. If we fusers could have a place to find glassy items for sale, I think it might be a big help. Thank you, Dee x

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. hallmark laws

I just wanted to clear up the confustion about the precous metals hall marketing laws, I am a member of the Goldsmith London Assay Office and this is what they have said, you only have to hallmark your items if the sterling silver finished piece weights 7.7g or more, if the weight is below this you can legally sell your work even with the 925 stamped on a finding that has been pre-stamped.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Pet Categories

Please could we have a separate category for pets. At the moment it is combined with the garden, as "garden & pets". As i like to make all different types of pet clothes (such as scarfs etc etc) it would be much more helpful for me & customers. At the moment the only option is to put most items in the "all other stuff" subdivision...... which is not much fun or descriptive. Thank you for looking at this.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Page views

Would it be possible to show how many times an item has been viewed in total? It would be handy to have the info when you view your listings, maybe along side the amount of likes you have had.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Store history

Please could we have information added to our shop fronts which tells customers how long we have been with Folksy - surely it would be reassurance for some.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Improvements that need making to reduce acidental purchase's and make it clearer shipping charges on muliple shop orders

Shipping doesn't appear until you are ready to confirm order and there is no cancel button at that point, which might help customers who make a mistake, and is there away of showing shipping when
    you add something to a basket as if you buy form multiple shops it could come as a shock?
    A remove items or empty basket button might also help.
    if someone wants to cancel for whatever reason and they are told to contact the seller, yet sellers can't cancel for 24 hrs and at the weekend there is no Folksy support. It also means items…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Encouraging the value of crafted items

We are damaging our planet by over emphasis on constantly having new things, this is encouraged by large multinational encouraging the latest season and the quality declines. With hand crafted items we should value the time and effort that goes in to them and so should discourage the constant obsession with new designs. If Folky was to adopt this attitude may be everyone would stop re-listing their items to make them look new.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Drop down menus should not need an extra click. They should automatically display all items.

Depending on what category you want sometimes you have to open View All. So unfair advantage of some shops over others. For example, if you want a beaded bracelet then the category is on view when you select the jewellery item. If it's glass you need then you have to View All. If you are a new shopper to Folksy then it's possible you would not know to do this. Also research shows the less clicks a potential buyer has to make the more likely they are to buy.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to adjust a main image if it is tall, so that you can see the top and not just the middle

My fashion illustrations are tall and thin, but when I upload an image to my shop, all you can see is the middle of design. It would not tempt anyone to click on the image and my shop front doesn't look professional. Please could we have a feature so that we can adjust the main photo to show the top of an image ?

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. "Mark as Posted" in bulk

Hi! Am having to mark almost 40 items as posted, and it's really frustrating having to mark one as posted, then go back, then refresh the page, each time. Even when someone has bought 2 items and got combined postage, there's no option to mark both as posted. It seems unnecessarily time-consuming? I'm new here, though, so maybe I've missed that ability?

Thanks so much.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would like the customer to be able to see how many time an item has been re listed.

When customers look at things in Folksy shops they have no indication how long ago the item was made. People want to have the newest and freshest ideas and not 'old' stock, that may be looking a bit tired.
    This can only improve the reputation of Folksy for having wonderful new inventive ideas, keep Folksy shopkeepers refreshing their stocks regularly and have contented customers who are not disappointed with what they receive through the post, which is bought, don't forget after only seeing a photo.

I think it's better to get something that is better than you expected than less…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please add the ability to filter by location of item.

I would like to be able to get things made by artisans local to the area, not only for purposes of shipping cost/time, but also as a way to discover nearby businesses or businesses in areas I will be traveling in. Additionally, as some items are custom made, knowing that the seller is local gives the opportunity to do fittings or to see items in person.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. How do I sell jewellery sets?

I want to sell a matching set of jewellery (necklace, earrings and bracelet), but only seem to be able to select individual categories. Is it possible to group them all together and sell as a set?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?