Skip to content

Suggested Features

Please add any suggestions for site features here. There’s no guarantee we will be able to implement your idea, but we welcome your thoughts!

83 results found

1. Shop Notification Area

Please please can we have a “Notification” area against each shop where we can put notices.
    EG:
    1. Please buy something – I’m broke !
    2. Moving house – clearout of stock sale before I go
    3. Shop will be closed 6th June to 28th June but I will be picking up messages
    4.Happy Birthday to me (not today but 4th June but wouldn’t it be nice to be able to announce it)
    5. Merry Christmas to all my lovely customers
    6. Free P&P today only – will give refund via paypal after you have bought all my lovely stuff…

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Messages

When replying to a message you should be able to see the original message, and also it would be useful if the subject was carried over instead of having to type this in each time.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Customer details and date on sold items

Please could we have customer details back on sold orders as well as date sold.
    It is usefull to see at a glance when you have a repeat customer -and what and when they have bought before.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to change your username

I think being able to change your username would be a great help. I set up my account with Folksy a while ago, just as a buyer initially and now I've started selling items. My username is now not what I would like my shop to be called as I didn't have this intention in the first place. I think it would be beneficial to users be able to change this, even if Folksy put a limit on the number of times it can be changed or even being able to change the end of your web address to your…

127 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re pleased to announce that we are now able to change your username (and therefore your shop URL/address) for you. This is useful if you set up with a username that doesn’t match your shop name, or if you signed up with Facebook and were assigned a username that you are not happy with.

IMPORTANT
    Please note that there is no redirect in place. This means that if we change your username/URL you would need to update any links etc. that you have posted anywhere ASAP because anyone visiting the old address will be directed to a broken page and will not be able to find you. Also if you have your URL on any printed materials, business cards for example, you will need to get those replaced as the old link to your shop will no longer work.

If you would like us to change your username…

6. Edit Listings In Bulk

It would be great if you want to revise something that isn't necessarily "description" for example postage prices to be able to do this in bulk. Due to the recent changes by Royal Mail it will be necessary for all of us to update our listings so we don't lose out on postage costs, which is ok to do individually if you only have a few things listed, but if you have loads it's really time consuming!
    I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get the software to put certain editable data into a grid field where you could…

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Can you create a new listing based on an existing listing?

Unless I've missed something is it possible to create a new listing based on an existing listing? This would save so much time and effort.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. More Shop Categories

Could we possibly be allowed more categories for our shops? Its to hard to list my cards in a nice efficient way for my customers as i just can't list enough categories.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the new-look shopfronts, ‘collections’ have replaced the old ‘sections’ feature. You can have an unlimited number of collections, and you can put items in more than one collection. If you are unable to update your shop to the new look, please contact us!

9. Tidy of items within categories

There are currently many items in the wrong category - for example, take a look at men's clothing and accessories. I can see hand cream, soap, a coin tray and random electronics. This is just from the first two pages alone.

Key rings are border line, if I want a men's keyring I wouldn't think of going to the clothing and accessories section...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Shipping to EU

If there was a shipping option that covered EU then I would give that option, but at the moment you have to list each country seperately.

Better still would be a shipping profile that you applied to each item.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bulk relisting

I'd love the ability to relist items in bulk via some kind of tick box page. Currently when items delist I have to go through each one and approve the relisting item by item which takes hours. Having the ability to simply tick a box next to the items I want to relist and approve them all at once would be wonderful. You could still go in and edit individual listings in detail but for itemsthat don't need any editing before relisting it would be a huge time saver to be able to do them all at once.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. One click Contact Buyer on sale notification please.

I like to contact a buyer as soon as I can to acknowledge the sale and I'm sure I am not the only Folksy seller who does this. At the moment it takes far too many clicks to get to where we can send that important message. Please can we have a button/link so that we can do this easily, quickly and with the transaction details in place as reference for both parties removing the need to copy and paste the information.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We now provide the buyer’s e-mail address within the e-mail notification upon sale, so we recommend you use this to contact the buyer to acknowledge the sale.

13. Can we have a multiple delete facility please - for delisted / draft items.

It is really aggravating to have pages and pages of old listings which have to be individually deleted. Can we please have a facility to tick any we want to and then delete them all in one easy push of the enter button. Joysofglass

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Viewing and Usability for Buyers

Something I find frustrating at times is when I want to look at a catergory and only 18 items are shown at one time, until I select 'show more items' do you have the option to show '200 items' so buyers can see more items per page...?

Also when viewing an item, you have to actually click on the additional photos to view them in the larger frame, do you have the capability to have indicators left/right on the larger frame to switch between photo's rather than scrolling down the page and selecting individually.

Thank you
    Lime in the Coconut

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have recently increased the number of items per view in categories and sub-categories from 18 to 60, making it easier to browse lots of items.

15. Fees

The new fees system is really squeezing any ability to make money! Also it discourages multiple listings as it costs the same as a new listing. It's therefore better to list 1 item and make sure it sells before adding additional items. Coupled with the increased commission and the reduction in selling period, it is getting expensive to sell through Folksy.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Could we have the option of listing something as unisex

Only having the option of male/female can be restricting, especially with items like bags and cases. It would be nice to be able to list items as suitable for either gender.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If a message fails to send (forgot to enter a subject), keep the message body

Currently, if I forget to enter a message subject and click send, I get an error message and the message body is cleared. It would be a lot less frustrating if I didn't have to retype the whole message all over again.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Automatic re-listing (optional) and de-listing notifications

I am fed up with items de-listing and my not noticing. I have several shops, on several sites. Please give us notifications when something is about to de-list and also an option of ticking a box to say that our item will be automatically re-listed and billed indefinately until we remove it.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Is it possible to create individual threads to link back to the threads you have already spoken in, as I find I loose which threads I have p

I am new on Folksy and am enjoying getting to know people on the Forums. However, I keep loosing the threads of where I have already written. On etsy there is a way to follow your poevious threads, could this be done over here, as it's really useful.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Listing more than 5 items

Id like to list more than 5 items available as I make small products in batches and so it would save me having to relist and would enable buyers to buy more than 5 at time.

i don't mind if this costs a bit more it should simply be possible

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)