Skip to content

Suggested Features

Please add any suggestions for site features here. There’s no guarantee we will be able to implement your idea, but we welcome your thoughts!

83 results found

1. App Required!!!

I can't believe that Folksy doesn't have an app. Needs one that can be used for both buying and selling

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. More images per item, image linking and captions.

I am finding it difficult to feature item details as well as colour options due to limited per item images. I have had to split some of my products to allow for the variations.
    Some of the items are very similar in colour and hard to discern without either the ability to caption images or better still, link an image to a variation as we do in Etsy.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "save as draft" option any time soon?

Do you have any intention of introducing a "save as draft" option any time soon? I see this request goes back quite some time. It would make the process of uploading new listings much easier.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Crowdfunding some apps

As we've all been told over and over folksy can't afford to fund the making of apps for smartphones, so why don't we crowdfund (is that a word?) them instead. Most of us know just how important apps are for sellers and shoppers, so we should put our money where our mouth is and chip in part of the cost.
    I'm not saying we should pay for it all but maybe if we could come up with part of the money Folksy could come up with the rest??
    This really is something we need to get the folksy brand out…

86 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have been working on an App for Folksy sellers and it’s now ready to download and use!

We’ve focused on doing the core things well (ie creating and editing listings) but will be adding more features like variations and order notifications in future releases.

You can read more about the Sell on Folksy app and download it here – https://blog.folksy.com/2021/03/18/folksy-sellers-app

This app is just for selling on Folksy but we are planning to introduce and app for shoppers too.

6. WE NEED A FOLKSY APP!!!For both facebook and mobile devices!

We need a folksy app for mobile devices and for our facebook pages. To keep up with other selling sites we need to have similar options for potential customers. They are not going to buy from us if there is a simpler way to go through an etsy/ebay app and find things from their phones etc It is really falling behind not having this option, these days its strange there's not an app for it! Folksy should be a bigger name within the uk than other selling sites as it is uk based and this would help toward that! Ease…

476 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have been working on an App for Folksy sellers and it’s now ready to download and use!

We’ve focused on doing the core things well (ie creating and editing listings) but will be adding more features like variations and order notifications in future releases.

You can read more about the Sell on Folksy app and download it here – https://blog.folksy.com/2021/03/18/folksy-sellers-app

This app is just for selling on Folksy but we are planning to introduce and app for shoppers too.

7. Listing Variations

It would be incredibly helpful to me, especially for my clothing range, to have an option to list different sizes and prices of the same design (all in one listing). perhaps with a drop down menu for customers to select their size. For example, if I list a dress which is £28 upto 18 months but £35 for larger sizes, i have to list the item for the cheaper price to entice customers, but then risk losing them when they find out it costs more for larger sizes. Perhaps have a 'From' price to make it clearer?

478 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. New links to facebook/ twitter/ blog etc. to open in a new window/ tab

The new links to our individual facebook and other social media profiles are great - thank you. But could they please open in a new window or a new tab as it takes the viewer right out of Folksy and away from the shop where we want them to stay! It's great for people to be able look into us and our work before buying but it would be good if they remained on site as well. Thanks.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  9 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Folksy Shop App for Facebook Page & smartphones?

Hi there, I was wondering if we were any closer to having a Folksy Tab on our Facebook Pages?
    I was gutted when that disappeared? And have you got a APP for Iphones in the offing too?
    Yours Chloe @ Hatastic!

371 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To integrate your Facebook page and your Folksy shop, you can use our ‘data feed page’ option to create a catalogue for your Folksy shop on Facebook.

Just add .rss to your whole shop URL (eg https://folksy.com/shops/claregetscrafty.rss) and then follow the instructions here https://www.facebook.com/business/help/384041892421495?id=725943027795860

That should enable you to create a catalogue from your Folksy shop that updates automatically when you add a new listing or something sells out.

You can also use our new Sell on Folksy app to create and edit listings on your phone or tablet. More details here – https://blog.folksy.com/2021/03/18/folksy-sellers-app

10. It needs to be clear that you cannot leave feedback if you are only buying as a guest.

As a buyer of items from Sweet Bee Quilts, I was taken to the payment page and it wasn't clear I needed to make an account if I then wanted to give feedback. I now can't give feedback as i was classed as just a 'guest buyer'. Please can we still leave feedback if we are still guests?

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Discount Code Option

I think it would be great to have a discount code option which would allow us to run promotions etc throughout the year ie Xmas, Valentines etc. Think it would also be lovely to offer repeat customers a discount too. It could be a great way of promoting customer loyalty.

424 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. View feedback with a picture of what was sold, rather than just the feedback itself.

I was wondering why feedback doesn't also show you a picture of the sold item that the feedback is about. There is an option to view but that is just a function to be able to see the whole sentence of the feedback. I feel that as sellers we are missing out on a major marketing tool. I think that most sellers/crafters would like the option to show a picture of their sold items as they are proud of their work. We also have a duty to let our potential customers know what's selling right now and what is on…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please find some way of leaving feedback with guest log in purchases

Please find some way of leaving feedback with guest log in purchases, I have just had sales of 4 items through guest log in, and whilst the customers have let me know to my own email account that they are happy,my positive feedback score is suffering.. This problem will only get worse as I suspect most people will buy though guest now they can

147 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  24 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. New category under office for pens/ biros/ball points

Could be have a category for pens under office? The pens used for artwork are not the same and people looking for a pen to buy as a gift are more likely to look under office. Artists will look for special pens used to create art under art.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Encourage communication before leaving negative feedback

Could there a note beside the feedback box suggesting buyers contact the seller before leaving negative feedback? It seems unfair to have negative feedback on your record for a situation that you then fixed for them, eg. resent an item that never arrived.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Shop Noticeboard needed on every page, shop front and individual listing pages.

There is currently no facility to post a shop notice - the only options if

a. I need to say - "I'm going away in a week, please order now"

is to fiddle with my shop banner and stick a message onto there....(I do do this) ..
    but... even then that is only visible to people coming in via my shop front and not on the individual listing pages.
    or

b. "My shop is closed but only for today, I'm going to a wedding / funeral / Xmas fair / psychiatrist / dentist etc etc - and I will be…

157 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the delayed update! There is now a Shop Noticeboard (‘Your shop announcement’) feature on Folksy. If you haven’t used it yet, you can find it at the bottom of the Shop Settings section of your Dashboard. We hope you find this useful.

17. Can we remove the price from sold items?

I know this has been asked before and was declined with the suggestion that we edit the listing to remove the price or change the price. One little problem, I don't seem to have the ability to edit the listing once it has been sold. I make one of a kind items mostly and over the years my pricing structure has changed so that I now make a profit. If I remake something that I made 3 years ago and sold for £35 but using different yarn and with my new pricing structure I decide to price at £80, customers…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please can the Front Page "unsigned" revert to the same interesting display as the "signed in" version

In the forum at the moment there is a thread about sales picking up http://talk.folksy.com/t/are-your-sales-picking-up/3275.

There have been strong suggestions that some shops have seen a decline in views since the Front page was split (in September ?) between the signed in (Good) and Unsigned in (Boring) versions.

I added this comment to the forum post after reading yet another remark about the front screen.

"I do agree though that the unsigned in Front Page does absolutely nothing to entice potential customers who have come in to Folksy via that route to linger or even explore further.

There has…

100 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While we do still have a signed in and signed out front page (usertesting suggested that new/guest buyers needed slightly different signposting on the front page), the two views are now more in line with each other and hopefully the signed out page is more interesting without being too confusing. We’re continuing to test this and will review/make changes accordingly.

19. Please can we have a sub section in Dolls & Collectibles called Dolls House Miniatures

The Collectors market for Dolls House Miniatures is very large with lots of people with plenty of money to spend in this area.
    There are now more people listing dolls house miniatures on Folksy and as sellers we would like a specific category for them in the Dolls & Collectibles Section.

60 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can we have a Mono Print section under Printmaking?

There is presently no area for such prints and placing them in 'Other Prints' would immediately see them sink without trace.
    As Mono prints are high end art it would seem appropriate they had their own section.Until a section is offered we will have to hold back listing them here on Folksy and instead list them elsewhere, such a shame as they would add another dimension to both our shop and to Folksy.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?