Suggested Features

Please add any suggestions for site features here. There’s no guarantee we will be able to implement your idea, but we welcome your thoughts!

Suggested Features for Folksy...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Shop Notification Area

Please please can we have a “Notification” area against each shop where we can put notices.
    EG:
    1. Please buy something – I’m broke !
    2. Moving house – clearout of stock sale before I go
    3. Shop will be closed 6th June to 28th June but I will be picking up messages
    4.Happy Birthday to me (not today but 4th June but wouldn’t it be nice to be able to announce it)
    5. Merry Christmas to all my lovely customers
    6. Free P&P today only – will give refund via paypal after you have bought all my lovely stuff …

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Please can we have shipping profiles?

The Royal Mail has now changed the way world wide postage is calculated and charges according to the 'zone' the recipient lives in.
      UK,
      Europe (EU & Non EU)
      World Zone 1 - The Americas, The African continant, Asia, etc
      World Zone 2 - Australia, New Zealand, etc

Please, please, please can we have shipping profiles we can set up with the 'zones' included so it's easier to set up in our shops.

99 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all. Making it easier to specify shipping costs to a range of different destinations is something we’ve long wanted to do, and is on our to-do list for the not too distant future.

Our first priority will be to define ‘postal zones’ for common groups of countries. We’ll look at the pricing structures of the Royal Mail (and other services like Parcelforce) to define this.

Any feedback you have on postal zones you think would make sense would be appreciated and will be taken into consideration too – please add them in comments on this feature.

Many thanks,

Frankie
        Folksy development team

• Immediate payment required

I have problems where customers make a purchase but then don't make payment for it (despite contact from me).

Would it be possible that a buyer has to make payment before the sale is made? I am unsure why this is a 2 stage process on Folksy. I am thinking along the lines of eBay's 'immediate payment required' functionality.

106 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • More Tag options

The current tags options for sellers fall into 2 categories - 1.Materials and 2.Colour. These options are very limiting and irrelevant for many sellers. Wouldn't it be better to have one Tag listing where sellers could list say 25 tags specific to their item. Then sellers could list exactly what they wanted and free up their title bars from keyword stuffing. Sellers would be happy as they will be able to target buyers and buyers would be happy as they would be able to find what they want. Makes sense as Folksy's aim is to bring buyers and sellers together…

136 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            completed  ·  17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Shop Noticeboard needed on every page, shop front and individual listing pages.

There is currently no facility to post a shop notice - the only options if

a. I need to say - "I'm going away in a week, please order now"

is to fiddle with my shop banner and stick a message onto there....(I do do this) ..
            but... even then that is only visible to people coming in via my shop front and not on the individual listing pages.
            or

b. "My shop is closed but only for today, I'm going to a wedding / funeral / Xmas fair / psychiatrist / dentist etc etc - and I will be…

157 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the delayed update! There is now a Shop Noticeboard (‘Your shop announcement’) feature on Folksy. If you haven’t used it yet, you can find it at the bottom of the Shop Settings section of your Dashboard. We hope you find this useful.

• Have an easy way to embed your Folksy shop in another website

I'm not sure if this option exists. I've seen on Etsy that they do a mini-widget thing that will display a few of your listed items on your blog/website. I will soon be creating a website for a new venture selling craft items, which i would also like to list on Folksy to increase product views. What would be really good would be to simply list everything on Folksy once, and for this information to automatically be updated on my website. And for it to look like a proper shop rather than just a little widget like the Etsy option.…

86 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Please can the Front Page "unsigned" revert to the same interesting display as the "signed in" version

In the forum at the moment there is a thread about sales picking up http://talk.folksy.com/t/are-your-sales-picking-up/3275.

There have been strong suggestions that some shops have seen a decline in views since the Front page was split (in September ?) between the signed in (Good) and Unsigned in (Boring) versions.

I added this comment to the forum post after reading yet another remark about the front screen.

"I do agree though that the unsigned in Front Page does absolutely nothing to entice potential customers who have come in to Folksy via that route to linger or even explore further.

There has…

100 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While we do still have a signed in and signed out front page (usertesting suggested that new/guest buyers needed slightly different signposting on the front page), the two views are now more in line with each other and hopefully the signed out page is more interesting without being too confusing. We’re continuing to test this and will review/make changes accordingly.

• Ability to change your username

I think being able to change your username would be a great help. I set up my account with Folksy a while ago, just as a buyer initially and now I've started selling items. My username is now not what I would like my shop to be called as I didn't have this intention in the first place. I think it would be beneficial to users be able to change this, even if Folksy put a limit on the number of times it can be changed or even being able to change the end of your web address to your…

127 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    35 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re pleased to announce that we are now able to change your username (and therefore your shop URL/address) for you. This is useful if you set up with a username that doesn’t match your shop name, or if you signed up with Facebook and were assigned a username that you are not happy with.

IMPORTANT
                    Please note that there is no redirect in place. This means that if we change your username/URL you would need to update any links etc. that you have posted anywhere ASAP because anyone visiting the old address will be directed to a broken page and will not be able to find you. Also if you have your URL on any printed materials, business cards for example, you will need to get those replaced as the old link to your shop will no longer work.

If you would like us to change your username…

• If a message fails to send (forgot to enter a subject), keep the message body

Currently, if I forget to enter a message subject and click send, I get an error message and the message body is cleared. It would be a lot less frustrating if I didn't have to retype the whole message all over again.

19 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Discount Code Option

I think it would be great to have a discount code option which would allow us to run promotions etc throughout the year ie Xmas, Valentines etc. Think it would also be lovely to offer repeat customers a discount too. It could be a great way of promoting customer loyalty.

425 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        64 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Concerned about how many " bought in " items seem to be listed

I'm new to Folksy but have been a designer maker of silver gold and gem set jewellery for over 25 years. Whilst I know jewellers get castings of their own designs made and then finish them there seems to be loads of things of Folksy that are not in anyway handmade or hand finished.....Who is policing what is and isn't posted?
                        If I make a handmade item from start to finish I cannot compete with an item that is bought in. I understood when I signed up to Folksy it was for promoting good quality British made crafts? Does anyone…

6 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This page outlines the criteria for what is allowed to be listed on Folksy and also some specific examples of what is not allowed. This content constitutes our policy on “handmade” as referred to in the Terms of Use:

http://folksy.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/54524

Folksy polices the policy on handmade through post-moderation – through sampling products and reviewing items that are reported.

If you spot anything that you believe is bought-in, please use the ‘report this item’ link on the item page.

• Stats

Hi, is it possible to have some kind of data to show how many views and where views are coming from so we know which promoting is working.
                          Thank you

391 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            43 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Improved product search

The ability to search within product categories and to introduce sub cats for each main product category. At present cannot find anything unless the seller has happened to use the keywords that I type into the search bar. For example I want to find soft toy crocodiles - at present I go through Dolls & Bears but once I'm there I cannot add crocodiles into a search box without it searching the entire site.

664 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              69 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Empty shops

I searched "felt", absolutely dozens of shops came up In a list. I've so far reached the 23rd shop and its void of stock.
                              This frustrates me, the potential buyer, and takes away from the sellers who have items in their shops eager to please.
                              Can you filter the shops selling only with actual "felt" tagged to their item to list up?
                              It's a pretty straight forward string that'll make us all happy.

2 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Using Characters "!/? etc in 'Message to seller'

Several of my customers have contacted me saying they can not complete their purchases and the common problem is using "?!-/ i.e non-standard characters.

Is there a way you can allow these characters? Or even add a note explaining they can not use them?

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • One click Contact Buyer on sale notification please.

I like to contact a buyer as soon as I can to acknowledge the sale and I'm sure I am not the only Folksy seller who does this. At the moment it takes far too many clicks to get to where we can send that important message. Please can we have a button/link so that we can do this easily, quickly and with the transaction details in place as reference for both parties removing the need to copy and paste the information.

4 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We now provide the buyer’s e-mail address within the e-mail notification upon sale, so we recommend you use this to contact the buyer to acknowledge the sale.

• Photo's turning Side Ways - BUG - Sort it. It's not the uploader, it's the website!

Hi. could some one please sort this bug. My images are taken with a normal camera. I remember i had this issue 2 months back and stopped using folksy. So I've worked out the bug for you so please fix it as it's wasting not just my time others.

Right, from what i gather it's due to the pixels, especially if you have long photos for example px w300 and hight 1000px

It will turn the photo side ways!

So to correct this, crop the photo until you get a more or less even square size at - 500px x…

10 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Please can we have a sub section in Dolls & Collectibles called Dolls House Miniatures

The Collectors market for Dolls House Miniatures is very large with lots of people with plenty of money to spend in this area.
                                      There are now more people listing dolls house miniatures on Folksy and as sellers we would like a specific category for them in the Dolls & Collectibles Section.

60 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • why can't you copy a listing so you can sell similar items and list them quickly?

why can't you copy a listing so you can post similar items to ones you have already for sale in your shop without having to do every listing from scratch? saves A LOT OF TIME

7 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there

It is possible to copy listings. To do this, go to your Dashboard, click on ‘Listings’ on the left hand side and then click the ‘Copy’ button alongside the item you wish to copy.

• Search by categories, as well as key words

When searching for products I would like to be able to search by category, as well as key word. For example, I wanted to return to a product I had seen earlier, 'lime green....' and had to trawl all through every and any item to get to the baby cardi I was searching for. This would also help to find items as currently I have to guess exact descriptions, ie did seller type cardi or cardigan (or cardigen in some cases).

20 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now refine any search by category, which should resolve this problem. Also search has been improved so that small spelling errors are taken into account.

← Previous 1 3 4
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Suggested Features

Feedback and Knowledge Base