Skip to content

Suggested Features

Please add any suggestions for site features here. There’s no guarantee we will be able to implement your idea, but we welcome your thoughts!

252 results found

1. Collections Images

With the all new shop face (LOVE LOVE LOVE it by the way!!) please can we have the ability to upload collection images.

I've set my shop (currently) with 18 collections and all of my items are in at least 2 of them. I've just tried to make it so each category has a different style and colour of glass work so it show a wide selection of the pieces I make so it looks inviting. When listing a new item it puts it in at the top of the list and once I've gone into my shopkeeping page and…

101 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Remove edit sold items

Click on a sold item and to the right of the image is 'edit this item'. I used this feature as I thought it was a way to copy a sold item. Unfortunately my sold item now has the same details as my new listing.

It shouldn't be possible to change a listing once it has sold. It could lead to confusion and may look dishonest.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please add the ability to filter by location of item.

I would like to be able to get things made by artisans local to the area, not only for purposes of shipping cost/time, but also as a way to discover nearby businesses or businesses in areas I will be traveling in. Additionally, as some items are custom made, knowing that the seller is local gives the opportunity to do fittings or to see items in person.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Could Folksy do something similar to Etsy, where it is easy to see other sellers' favourite items/shops? Helps with ideas for buying!

On Etsy you can see what other sellers and buyers have favourited (items and shops). I find this really helpful - you often come across items you would never have found otherwise, especially if you find someone with similar tastes to yours. Could Folksy do something like this? If you find a shop you like, the chances are the seller will have favourited other items you will like and might want to buy.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sold items on expired listings list!

Some of my listing have started to expire, whilst browsing my expired items to decide which to relist, I noticed that my sold items were also coming up on my expired list. This caused some confusion - in fact I relisted an item that had already sold!

The only way I could prevent them from ending up on my expired list and causing confusion between what I had available to relist, and what had already sold. was to delete my sold items. Now my 'view sold item' link on my shop shows no items at all.

Surely the sold items…

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Easier to find where to pay

Can you make it easier to find the paypal link when paying my bill?
    Been looking for a while now and still can't find it.

My bill says pay by paypal below, but when I scroll down there's nothing there.

(I assume you want my money)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. New Jewellery Category

Please consider adding "Fine Silver" as a materials category for those of us who work in silver clay - its 99% pure silver, Sterling is 92.5%!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. "Search this shop" feature - please!!

I have lots of items in my shop, even I have trouble finding a particular item!

My customers are now emailing me and asking "do you have any Alice in Wonderland things left" etc. Then I have to trawl through my shop and send them the links as they cannot be bothered to scroll through my whole shop looking for them.

I know that this loses me sales - and Folksy money. It's madness, and a very basic requirement.

PLEASE look into this as a matter of importance - Etsy is looking more attractive by the second!

63 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Can dates be added to Holiday mode

Please can you make it possible for Shop owners to put up the dates of when their shop will be closed and then re open ?
    Preferably underneath the shop banner in large and bold lettering for customers.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A 'Sale' or 'Special Offer' format for listings please

I'm trying to run a 7 day promotion at the moment in my 'Spare' shop, but it's all very manual to list offer, and show discount. I'd also like to run the offer for a limited time, then revert back to full price.

Would be lovely to have the ability to do this is a more commercial format. And also have a sale / special offer section on Folksy so users can find these discounts easily, when available. Good for customers, good for sellers.

You can see at the moment, all I can do is add the word sale to…

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 'All' should not be a subcategory

I have just noticed that when listing an item, 'All' is a subcategory option. As a buyer, if I select 'All' within a category, I expect to see just that - all the items within the category, not just those that have been added to a subcategory called 'All'.

Please can you sort this out, as the way things stand at the moment I will have to list everything twice to stand half a chance of being found by buyers - once under the correct category (i.e. jewellery - earrings - glass) and once under 'All' (jewellery - earrings -…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A specific category for woodcraft and particularly woodturning would be a huge improvement

The search system will not find my woodturning as there is no specific woodcraft category and I'm sure that this is the reason behind the low viewing numbers. If customers are looking for wooden bowls for example they are really difficult to find. There seems little point in re-listing my items as without a specific category nobody can find them

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a Phone Number field to sales area for Buyers

Just a thought after the recent buyer problems.
    I think you should make the buyer leave a phone number, that way any problem could be resolved quite quickly over the phone.
    (It should be stated that the number would not be used for any other purpose)

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Made to order......

Hi, I don't know if I am the only seller this effects but most of my items are made to order. Is it possible that under date made input area we could have a drop down for not yet made or made to order please.

At the moment I stress as much as I can in my listing text and upon first contact with my customers that their items will be made once I have received their orders but would love to have the 'date made' input field accurate for my way of working.

Many Thanks

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The ability to list one item in more than one category

I sell jewellery and many of my items could be listed equally into the 'regular' jewellery category or the wedding jewellery category. It would be fantastic if we could have the option to list an item in two categories at the same time, without having to list one item twice - which is what I am having to do, so I don't miss any prospective customers. I am concerned that it appears I have two exactly the same items available, when I only have one, but in two categories. Would this change be possible?

101 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bulk postage edit. Please show stock levels.

When bulk editing my postal rates I found it showed all my current, unexpired, items including those out of stock.
    This was very confusing as I often have several listings for the same 'design', one of which is the current, the others, older versions, are already sold.
    This meant I then inadvertently increased the postal charges on several listings which I have sold (at a lower postal rate).

Please can you show the stock level against each listing so that we can easily see which are current (stock > 0) and which are sold (stock 0).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like to see different lists for 'just listed' (new items) and 're listed' (re listed or expired items)

People will bulk re list because they can on the folksy plus plan, if the public could see only new items 'just listed' it would be fairer for the sellers who a) don't list very much b) don't bulk re list on principal and give a more realistic view of the site to purchasers.

In this way constantly seeing the same things over and over could be avoided which would make the Folksy home page much more interesting.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bulk update prices

If you wish to update all the prices in your shop it takes an age to go into each one individually. It would be wonderful if we could do a bulk update of prices in a way similar to the shipping prices. I'm putting off doing this as it's such a pain!

93 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggested Features