Skip to content

Suggested Features

Please add any suggestions for site features here. There’s no guarantee we will be able to implement your idea, but we welcome your thoughts!

252 results found

1. How about a basket for each shop?

I understand the 'continue shopping' thing was removed (although I don't agree with the reasons), but I feel it should be included as an in-shop feature. When I buy supplies from a Folksy shop and want to add more items, hitting the 'back' button to do so is not intuitive. It feels, as a user, that I might lose my existing items. I still persevere, and it works but it's off-putting from a general user perspective.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to add a personalised message onto the Folksy invoice...

As there's quite a big blank space at the bottom of the printable invoices, and to save paper, just thought it would be a nice idea to be able to add a personalised message to the buyer...just like you're able to on Paypal.

Whaddya think?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. backpacks as section

if searching there are a good number, it would be better seo to have a dedicated section

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A new category for Sale items

Although there is now a category for Folksy Sale, this is chosen by Folksy. I think particularly at this time of year, sellers are missing the opportunity to clear back items and put some fresh new stock in their shops. If each defined area, e.g. Jewellery, home, etc. also had a Sale section, I think this would be helpful.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please have a category for Cake toppers eg. Food art under Sculpture or a Confectionary section not just under weddings

Please have a category for Cake toppers eg. Food art under Sculpture or a Confectionary section not just under weddings as that is very limiting and is under the wrong sectoin.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be nice to be able to see the whole item title when you hover the mouse over the item picture in theme or category views.

It would be nice to be able to see the whole item title when you hover the mouse over the item picture or title in theme or category views. At the moment, the text displayed has a limited number of characters so you have to click on the item for the full title, and often I just don't bother doing so which means I skip over the item if it is unclear from the first few words what it is.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Billing Information for Plus Accounts - Item Information should be shown for each re-list.

I have just had my first Folksy Bill. Part-way through my first month, I upgraded my account to a Plus seller account.
    I notice that the Re-listed items shown on my bill's Detail Page have no item details.
    This makes it difficult to keep track of what I have re-listed and monitor any effect it may have had on sales etc.
    The information is there in the system, at the point when I re-list an item. Could it not be written to the bill's Detail Page, just as it was when I had a basic seller's account?
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please can we have the option of editing an item before relisting it.

At the moment, the only option is to list, then quickly edit or mark as 'out of stock' to edit.I think this option means that your item temporarily appearing in the recently listed category (possibly on front page too)-I'm too busy quickly editing to find this out for sure!!
    Not good if your relist needs updating photo's/prices/spelling mistakes.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Is it fair for pro sellers to constantly list their items so they are in top 40?

Is it fair for pro sellers to constantly list their existing items in their shop so they get seen when people come to folksy. I have noticed a lot of jewellery its same sellers who are constantly on front pages when i log into jewellery (as i sell jewellery) so they must constantly relist.

This is not fair in my opinion as they then appear in the top 40 each day and general public look at best sellers and go to those shops so they get an unfair advantage over others who are not constantly on computer putting in their…

121 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can you remove the word limit for the shop welcome, or at least increase it significantly?

400 characters is ridiculous; if I need to add details like last posting dates or when I will be closed for craft fairs, I have to remove my current (brief) shop welcome entirely to fit it in. As it is, with my Christmas posting dates up, I don't now have any space to let people know how long I will be closed for my Christmas craft fairs. I'm sure you will point out I could add these details to my profile, but who looks there when they want to purchase an item??

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Category filtering in Manage Listings

Could we sort or filter our listings in the dashboard by shop section or category? With 4 pages of listings it can be hard to spot the one I want, and not all options are available from the listing page (eg. hide from sale and change quantity to zero).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Opt out of listing expiry emails

I appreciate that a lot of people find these new emails useful but I have loads of products and try to list/relist every day so I'm getting them all the time. Please let us opt out of these emails. My inbox fills up quickly enough as it is!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Woodturning and Crochet

Hi,

My husband has a woodturning site, but has to sprea all his items around.Please can you at least ass a "WOOD" items category.

I sell crochet items and am totally frustrated that there is a "KNITTING" category which I have to put my items in and not a "CROCHET" category.

Please can you add these categories as there are a lot of us that are in need of them and would help us promote our items to the right people.

Thanks

Crafty Debs

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Introducing Subsections in a shop

It would seem sensible to have the ability to add subsections to a shop i.e. if you clicked on one of the sections on the LHS a drop down list would appear giving the potential purchaser the opportunity to further narrow their choice.
    e.g. I sell a number of different photo related items such as greetings cards, fine art prints, iphone cases, mugs etc which are listed as Sections. But it would be very useful if they could be further subdivided into Subsections such as Landscape, Still life, Animals, Abstract etc

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The ability for sellers to purchase search ads to help promote their products.

Sellers would pay £3/£5/£10 etc depending how many impressions they would like to make. The more you pay the more impressions you get. Could have a 'sponsored' section which would list those products in preferential top position on page.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can we have the option of 'free postage' if collected in person.

Lots of my friends want to buy my items but don't want to pay postage as they can collect. Can there be an option for free postage if the buyer can collect. That way I can sell all my items through Folksy.

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. link site to social media and personal "who has viewed what" section

to be able to link folksy to social media sites would be great as i have to keep loggin in to each stit everytime i want to share and also have a feedback section that we can see how many has viewed our items and from where and which items have been searched for ? something like etsy does ?

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. folksy.it short links available to us for twitter/fb etc.

I'd love to have access to the folksy.it short links for my product listings, as I think it's great to let people know on twitter and fb what they are clicking on without using a massive untidy looking link.

I know fb previews links, but often I want to actually upload a photo of the product and put the link in the photo description as this looks bigger and better than linking directly to an item on fb.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 4 votes