Suggested Features

Please add any suggestions for site features here. There’s no guarantee we will be able to implement your idea, but we welcome your thoughts!

1. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Environmental Statement

I was wondering if there were any plans to have an environmental policy statement/section for shops? I would be keen to have this as a link in the top section of my shop, similar to the links for ‘Buying from me’ and ‘Privacy policy’.

At the moment I’m listing some of my environmental standards in my ‘About’ section but as information that’s put there is freeform and individual to each seller, as a buyer I wouldn’t necessarily know to look there to get this kind of information. A brand’s environmental standards are certainly something that affect my purchase decisions and…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Link to Folksy interview for featured sellers.

Would it be possible for previous featured sellers to have a link to their Folksy interview where the star is presently - ?

It may help in promoting in yourself as you can share your processes etc, and people can find out more about the maker if they want to.

thanks -x-

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. CUSTOMER MADE PURCHASE alert badge near shop banner

When beavering away in my shop all day I don't pay much attention to emails so it would be great to have an alert badge appear near the shopping basket or shop banner when a customer makes a purchase. Then I can attend to their order asap!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bulk postage edit. Please show stock levels.

When bulk editing my postal rates I found it showed all my current, unexpired, items including those out of stock.
    This was very confusing as I often have several listings for the same 'design', one of which is the current, the others, older versions, are already sold.
    This meant I then inadvertently increased the postal charges on several listings which I have sold (at a lower postal rate).

Please can you show the stock level against each listing so that we can easily see which are current (stock > 0) and which are sold (stock 0).

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Obvious feedback tab needed

I've got a shop here and have no feedback, I've just purchased items and not been able to find the feedback tab to leave feedback - please make it obvious so that a buyer can find it without looking ( I've still not found it!)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be nice to be able to see the whole item title when you hover the mouse over the item picture in theme or category views.

It would be nice to be able to see the whole item title when you hover the mouse over the item picture or title in theme or category views. At the moment, the text displayed has a limited number of characters so you have to click on the item for the full title, and often I just don't bother doing so which means I skip over the item if it is unclear from the first few words what it is.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Can we be allowed to sell places in craft classes and retreats

As many of us are long term crafters, people may want to learn from us, could we sell places on our craft courses or retreats

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to cross link our items

It would be very useful to be able to cross link items. The limited description field and images mean that some item which I would have grouped, now have to be split but I still need the customer to know that the alternative option is available.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Drop down menus should not need an extra click. They should automatically display all items.

Depending on what category you want sometimes you have to open View All. So unfair advantage of some shops over others. For example, if you want a beaded bracelet then the category is on view when you select the jewellery item. If it's glass you need then you have to View All. If you are a new shopper to Folksy then it's possible you would not know to do this. Also research shows the less clicks a potential buyer has to make the more likely they are to buy.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. "Mark as Posted" in bulk

Hi! Am having to mark almost 40 items as posted, and it's really frustrating having to mark one as posted, then go back, then refresh the page, each time. Even when someone has bought 2 items and got combined postage, there's no option to mark both as posted. It seems unnecessarily time-consuming? I'm new here, though, so maybe I've missed that ability?

Thanks so much.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Category filtering in Manage Listings

Could we sort or filter our listings in the dashboard by shop section or category? With 4 pages of listings it can be hard to spot the one I want, and not all options are available from the listing page (eg. hide from sale and change quantity to zero).

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improve header image resize in beta shop front

Really liking the new (beta) shop front trial !

• one thing I have noticed is the shop header image doesn't resize very well when changing window size & when loaded in mobile version.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. ability to add notes about an order

I'd like to be able to add notes about an order that are just for me as the seller to see. e.g. when I make a wedding invitation order, I'd like to be able to add what type of card I used, the code number for the ribbon I used etc so that when the customer comes back a few months later to order their 'on the day' stationery like menus and place cards, I can look up to see what card & ribbon etc I used. We have this feature on etsy and I use it ALL the time.…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. How do I find my 'favourites' please?

Difficult to find the favourites link (although I am using folksy via Instagram on small iPhone). Could be more obvious perhaps in your ''menu" have an obvious symbol for 'my favourites'. This might already exist. Just giving my feedback. 😂 This is an awesome website 🙌🙌 Love art myself and when I have more time in the future I'd love to get back into it x

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. photo adjustment and catagory creation for own shop and shipping policy

Hi, I am very new to Folksy , and hoping Folksy will do great in future, and very impressed by the website setting, but i do have few problems would love to communicate with the Admin, 1 , most of my photo of from my list is up side down for some reason , i could not change the direction.
    2. I sell different jewelry supplies also other item , it will be great if we can create our own category, so it will not look so confusion , for example , i sell different charms and different charm belong…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Image sizes

When listing a new item why does it say "The maximum image size is 4MB"?!! After a frustrating day downsizing my pictures and Folksy rejecting my pages I learnt that image sizes had to be much less than that. This has been very time wasting and to be honest I was ready to give up and abandon my account had it not been for the fact that I had paid the £45 fee.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Making landscape and portrait format images equal

Having created my greetings card listings, I discover that portrait and landscape images are getting unequal treatment: both are being reduced to the same width, meaning that landscape format images are much smaller, making detail less visible than that on portrait format images. It would be nice to have them displayed at the same resolution as the portrait format images or, perhaps, to allow visitors to click on the images and have them displayed at the full resolution at which they were uploaded.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Wedding Gifts

I mainly supply personalised gifts, mainly to the wedding market. Im so surprised you do not have a wedding gifts category. You have a thank you gifts for bridesmaids etc. Is there any chance of adding a new category of wedding gifts or even personalised gifts or both. Thank you Fiddlestick Crafts

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggested Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base