Skip to content

Suggested Features

Please add any suggestions for site features here. There’s no guarantee we will be able to implement your idea, but we welcome your thoughts!

83 results found

1. More images per item, image linking and captions.

I am finding it difficult to feature item details as well as colour options due to limited per item images. I have had to split some of my products to allow for the variations.
    Some of the items are very similar in colour and hard to discern without either the ability to caption images or better still, link an image to a variation as we do in Etsy.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. App Required!!!

I can't believe that Folksy doesn't have an app. Needs one that can be used for both buying and selling

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "save as draft" option any time soon?

Do you have any intention of introducing a "save as draft" option any time soon? I see this request goes back quite some time. It would make the process of uploading new listings much easier.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. New category under office for pens/ biros/ball points

Could be have a category for pens under office? The pens used for artwork are not the same and people looking for a pen to buy as a gift are more likely to look under office. Artists will look for special pens used to create art under art.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Crowdfunding some apps

As we've all been told over and over folksy can't afford to fund the making of apps for smartphones, so why don't we crowdfund (is that a word?) them instead. Most of us know just how important apps are for sellers and shoppers, so we should put our money where our mouth is and chip in part of the cost.
    I'm not saying we should pay for it all but maybe if we could come up with part of the money Folksy could come up with the rest??
    This really is something we need to get the folksy brand out…

86 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have been working on an App for Folksy sellers and it’s now ready to download and use!

We’ve focused on doing the core things well (ie creating and editing listings) but will be adding more features like variations and order notifications in future releases.

You can read more about the Sell on Folksy app and download it here – https://blog.folksy.com/2021/03/18/folksy-sellers-app

This app is just for selling on Folksy but we are planning to introduce and app for shoppers too.

7. Shop Noticeboard needed on every page, shop front and individual listing pages.

There is currently no facility to post a shop notice - the only options if

a. I need to say - "I'm going away in a week, please order now"

is to fiddle with my shop banner and stick a message onto there....(I do do this) ..
    but... even then that is only visible to people coming in via my shop front and not on the individual listing pages.
    or

b. "My shop is closed but only for today, I'm going to a wedding / funeral / Xmas fair / psychiatrist / dentist etc etc - and I will be…

157 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the delayed update! There is now a Shop Noticeboard (‘Your shop announcement’) feature on Folksy. If you haven’t used it yet, you can find it at the bottom of the Shop Settings section of your Dashboard. We hope you find this useful.

8. Can we remove the price from sold items?

I know this has been asked before and was declined with the suggestion that we edit the listing to remove the price or change the price. One little problem, I don't seem to have the ability to edit the listing once it has been sold. I make one of a kind items mostly and over the years my pricing structure has changed so that I now make a profit. If I remake something that I made 3 years ago and sold for £35 but using different yarn and with my new pricing structure I decide to price at £80, customers…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. WE NEED A FOLKSY APP!!!For both facebook and mobile devices!

We need a folksy app for mobile devices and for our facebook pages. To keep up with other selling sites we need to have similar options for potential customers. They are not going to buy from us if there is a simpler way to go through an etsy/ebay app and find things from their phones etc It is really falling behind not having this option, these days its strange there's not an app for it! Folksy should be a bigger name within the uk than other selling sites as it is uk based and this would help toward that! Ease…

476 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have been working on an App for Folksy sellers and it’s now ready to download and use!

We’ve focused on doing the core things well (ie creating and editing listings) but will be adding more features like variations and order notifications in future releases.

You can read more about the Sell on Folksy app and download it here – https://blog.folksy.com/2021/03/18/folksy-sellers-app

This app is just for selling on Folksy but we are planning to introduce and app for shoppers too.

10. Please can the Front Page "unsigned" revert to the same interesting display as the "signed in" version

In the forum at the moment there is a thread about sales picking up http://talk.folksy.com/t/are-your-sales-picking-up/3275.

There have been strong suggestions that some shops have seen a decline in views since the Front page was split (in September ?) between the signed in (Good) and Unsigned in (Boring) versions.

I added this comment to the forum post after reading yet another remark about the front screen.

"I do agree though that the unsigned in Front Page does absolutely nothing to entice potential customers who have come in to Folksy via that route to linger or even explore further.

There has…

100 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While we do still have a signed in and signed out front page (usertesting suggested that new/guest buyers needed slightly different signposting on the front page), the two views are now more in line with each other and hopefully the signed out page is more interesting without being too confusing. We’re continuing to test this and will review/make changes accordingly.

11. Please can we have a sub section in Dolls & Collectibles called Dolls House Miniatures

The Collectors market for Dolls House Miniatures is very large with lots of people with plenty of money to spend in this area.
    There are now more people listing dolls house miniatures on Folksy and as sellers we would like a specific category for them in the Dolls & Collectibles Section.

60 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can we have a Mono Print section under Printmaking?

There is presently no area for such prints and placing them in 'Other Prints' would immediately see them sink without trace.
    As Mono prints are high end art it would seem appropriate they had their own section.Until a section is offered we will have to hold back listing them here on Folksy and instead list them elsewhere, such a shame as they would add another dimension to both our shop and to Folksy.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Confirmation email

Would be really useful to have a confirmation email sent automatically to a custom when they place an order.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All buyers are already sent an automatic confirmation email when they place an order. This email goes to their registered email address if they are a registered Folksy user, or the email address they stated at checkout if they are a guest buyer

14. If a user searches on multiple words, then only items that match all of those words are returned

If a user searches on multiple words, then only items that match all of those words are returned

Please add this facility. In a previous comment you say that this has been done. However, it's just not working. If I type into the search area "Long red necklace", I do not get results that match all that criteria at all. I seem to get everything that has either "long", "red" or "necklace" in its description. I can't see how buyers are going to find my items like this. It is terribly frustrating and seems such a basic function of a…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Adding an alternative to Paypal as a Payment Method

Is it possible to expand the payment options to include something other than Paypal? I know of a lot of people who aren't comfortable using Paypal and it would be good to have a choice of methods rather than just one. I know that we can accept cheques/bank drafts etc and then contact folksy to mark them as paid, but it would be good to offer a different method that was just a couple of clicks rather than a long winded conversation . Since I've been able to accept cards as well as paypal elsewhere, I've found most sales are…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The ability to have the name of your town name appear underneath your name

If there was an option to add the name of your town followed by UK instead of just United Kingdom and have it appear under your name in your shop.

Buyers would stand a better chance of finding local shops and would be able to opt for collection and save the cost of postage.

Sometimes the cost of postage can be more than the cost of the actual item.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. why can't you copy a listing so you can sell similar items and list them quickly?

why can't you copy a listing so you can post similar items to ones you have already for sale in your shop without having to do every listing from scratch? saves A LOT OF TIME

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there

It is possible to copy listings. To do this, go to your Dashboard, click on ‘Listings’ on the left hand side and then click the ‘Copy’ button alongside the item you wish to copy.

18. New links to facebook/ twitter/ blog etc. to open in a new window/ tab

The new links to our individual facebook and other social media profiles are great - thank you. But could they please open in a new window or a new tab as it takes the viewer right out of Folksy and away from the shop where we want them to stay! It's great for people to be able look into us and our work before buying but it would be good if they remained on site as well. Thanks.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  9 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Search by categories, as well as key words

When searching for products I would like to be able to search by category, as well as key word. For example, I wanted to return to a product I had seen earlier, 'lime green....' and had to trawl all through every and any item to get to the baby cardi I was searching for. This would also help to find items as currently I have to guess exact descriptions, ie did seller type cardi or cardigan (or cardigen in some cases).

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now refine any search by category, which should resolve this problem. Also search has been improved so that small spelling errors are taken into account.

20. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there

It is possible to do this already. Edit your items using the ‘edit this item’ link on the right hand side of the item page, or by going to the ‘Listings’ section of your Dashboard and clicking ‘edit’ alongside the item. Simply drag and drop the images into the order you want them in.

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggested Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base