Skip to content

Suggested Features

Please add any suggestions for site features here. There’s no guarantee we will be able to implement your idea, but we welcome your thoughts!

252 results found

1. streamline the relisting

Stream-line the relisting process

Currently, to relist your items you have to resort the items by the date, then click on all of the items, then relist, then wait for the next page to load - to then click confirm relist and then finally, it is relisted. Then you have to do the same thing over and over.

Please can we stream line the process so we dont have to click, I would love if the confirm page could be removed or if there was a "Relist all" option so we dont have to go page by page to relist.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make it more obvious that sellers should fill in their Profile (Meet the maker info)

Many new shops don't have the 'meet the maker' info filled in. I looked for mine just now and it took me ages to find it - it's in My Profile way down on my dashboard menu. And it is not at all obvious that the info you enter here is displayed to vistors when they click your name at the top of your shop.

Suggest that this is moved into the 'Shop Settings' page, and an explanation of how it is used to be added. Prompt people to say how long they have been crafting for, what techniques they…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Misleading "Search" button

Last year a shop which wanted to sell my items decided not to do so because they couldn't find my shop on Folksy. They presumably thought that my business card could not be trusted and therefore neither could I!

It appears that this is because the search box does not make it clear that you can change it from searching for items to searching for shops.

I doubt if I am alone in this experience and of all the websites I use Folksy has the least user-friendly search box.

My experience of human nature is that very few people persevere…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please can we have a change of policy?

Instead of sellers having to get hot under the collar when a new shop infringes Folksy's terms and conditions of what can be sold, wouldn't it be easier if new shops were vetted by Folksy before they were published. It would save a lot of trouble, use of the report button (does it work?) and mildly annoyed emails when we spot these things. This would also give a new seller the chance to set up their shop properly before it goes public. At present they have to publish before they can see whether it looks right and has all the…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Easier editing of prices

Can we please have the price of each item on the 'manage listings' display - so we can alter the price as well as the stock level easily. At the moment we have to edit each item which is much more time consuming - as well as it increasing our views ! (why do views have to go up when we view our own items ???)
    It would be EXTREMELY helpful to be able to edit the price of an item as quickly and easily as we can edit the stock level- please add it to the manage lisntings editable…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow shop owners to put active links in product descriptions

Allowing shop owners to place active links in their product descriptions increases the shop/product visibility within search engines.
    It makes a better experience for customers - being able to find what they want without switching between tabs or hitting the back icon on their browser.

The only problem would be policing as you could link to external items rather than just |folksy addresses.

Something to think on.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Targeted discount codes - BOGOF and multi purchase options?

Can we have the option for targeted discounts rather than discounts applying to the whole of a store.
    The ability to tag individual listings would be an easy fix and would be quicker and more professional than editing listings with separate write downs etc.

Folksy should also implement codes for BOGOF and multi purchase discounts.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. ability to add notes about an order

I'd like to be able to add notes about an order that are just for me as the seller to see. e.g. when I make a wedding invitation order, I'd like to be able to add what type of card I used, the code number for the ribbon I used etc so that when the customer comes back a few months later to order their 'on the day' stationery like menus and place cards, I can look up to see what card & ribbon etc I used. We have this feature on etsy and I use it ALL the time.…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. start an affiliate program

start an affiliate program in order to encourage others to help market this site and the craft producers on it.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. New Category / Sub Section: DIY Kits

Hi there,
    I would love if we could have a DIY Kits section. All of us that sell on Folksy are crafters and interested in craft so it makes sense to have a craft making section! I would love to buy DIY kits however I find it difficult to search for them as they get mixed up with ready made items.

This subsection would also help when listing as it differentiates your kit from being a piece of jewellery etc.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Autocorrect feature in the search bar

Hello Folksy
    I was having trouble looking for an item because I kept misspelling it, so my search was coming up with 0 results every time.

I ended up googling the word in the end but most search bars correct you or make a suggestion such as ''Did you mean...'' I was wondering if we could have this as a feature in our search bar?

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Flagging when shop owners are listing something that could be potentially not allowed on Folksy

There has been a bit of a debate on the Folksy forum about some of the new shops selling items that we believe aren't allowed on Folksy. They could be items that aren't really handmade or could have been made outside the UK, they could be items that are being resold, they could be items infringing copyright etc etc.

http://talk.folksy.com/t/time-for-a-crackdown-folksy/9285/467

I'm suggesting that Folksy write something in to the computer program both to let sellers know when they are listing something that might be deemed in appropriate to sell and to trawl through all the existing listings too.

168 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Different delivery options for individual listings

It would be really useful if for each listing customers could choose between different postage options. For example, guaranteed, first class or second class. Not everyone needs their orders immediately, so customers can save money on delivery costs.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. inbox

Only having messages via email is about as stupid as it gets. And highly inconvenient!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fixed postage costs for postal region no matter how much or how little someone buys in your entire store.

Items less than 2kg are all the same price for shipping to the U.K. mainland with Royal Mail. So therefore, people should be able to order what they want from the entire store and just pay the fixed price posting of 2.99 for everything. Would be great if I could apply a different fixed price posting for everything for Europe, etc.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. list new items first not last

Why are new listings added to the end of my shops items? Surely it makes sense for new items to appear first, not last. I know I can change this in my dashboard but with over 700 items it takes forever to load up everytime I add a new item, and my ipad can't even manage it! It crashes! Please list new items first NOT last

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. HIde or Delete item from item page rather than dashboard listings

Please can we have an option to hide or delete an item from the item page rather than having to go to the dashboard listings. If a shop has several pages of items it can be hard to find the item you want to hide or delete from the dashboard.

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Adjustable thumbnail images

It's not always possible to crop an image to be square. So it would be great if you could allow us to move/resize the thumbnail, so that if the item is not exactly in the centre of your image or it's not possible to make the image square, you can adjust the thumbnail so that it doesn't look badly cropped and messy.
    Currently I'm having to constantly re-crop my image to try and make sure the thumbnail is centered which is very fiddly. Shop images don't need to be square so seems weird the thumbnail is a forced, un-customisable crop…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Can we be allowed to sell places in craft classes and retreats

As many of us are long term crafters, people may want to learn from us, could we sell places on our craft courses or retreats

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Making more of commissions being non-returnable

I've recently had a nasty experience with commissions being returned as unsuitable. I've been with Folksy over 4 years and done several commissions and never had them returned and in my trusting way, I changed what I'd made and ended up refunding the buyer. I wasn't aware of the no return clause, having not needed it,but this has ended up costing me two lots of postage,though the items are now relisted, plus the time to make.
    I'd like the no return of commissions to be emphasised more,because my only commissions have just been from the ready-made pieces asking for alternative…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 12 13