Suggested Features

Please add any suggestions for site features here. There’s no guarantee we will be able to implement your idea, but we welcome your thoughts!

1. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. API

An API would be amazing.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Can we have a Mono Print section under Printmaking?

There is presently no area for such prints and placing them in 'Other Prints' would immediately see them sink without trace.
    As Mono prints are high end art it would seem appropriate they had their own section.Until a section is offered we will have to hold back listing them here on Folksy and instead list them elsewhere, such a shame as they would add another dimension to both our shop and to Folksy.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Shopkeeping

Please please can we have the Shopkeeping page on separate pages (like the listings page). I have over 900 items and my ipad crashes when I try to load the page to move my newest listings to the top. Alternatively why on earth aren't the newest items automatically shown first anyway!!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Misleading "Search" button

Last year a shop which wanted to sell my items decided not to do so because they couldn't find my shop on Folksy. They presumably thought that my business card could not be trusted and therefore neither could I!

It appears that this is because the search box does not make it clear that you can change it from searching for items to searching for shops.

I doubt if I am alone in this experience and of all the websites I use Folksy has the least user-friendly search box.

My experience of human nature is that very few people persevere…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Newbie day

I think it would be really nice if Folksy were to have one day a year (or even one a month) where only items from sellers with say under 5-10 sales or even just those with with 0 sales, are shown on the website. It could be publicised as a special day and would give all the other hardworking crafters the opportunity to get some visibility on the site and make a potential sale. They usually lose out to all the additional visibility given to the Best Sellers... :o(

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please can we have a section for GLASS ?

There are many hobby fusers in the UK looking to sell their work and looking for nice supplies. I have just started listing a few supplies which aren't in shops and my only available section is under 'commercial' . Most of my glass embellishments are hand made. If we fusers could have a place to find glassy items for sale, I think it might be a big help. Thank you, Dee x

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to see price in "listed items" (Seller Dash > Manange Listings) list

I would love it if the "listed items" list showed prices and possibly postage too. I often want to refer to the price of an item for another listing or for a customer enquiry elsewhere and it is a pain to have to go right into the product listing to get its price/postage.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Notification against Feedback option

Would it be possible to have a notification against the feedback option under the Activity section on the dashboard showing when someone left a feedback comment or alternatively sending an email as some other website do.Thanks x

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The Option of Seeing Your Listing Balance Including VAT

I've been away from Folksy for quite a few months so I didn't realise that this was now added separately so it came a little bit of a shock to find that the listing feed didn't include it and was added at the checkout. I'd been in a monthly listing club so it added quite a bit to my overall bill. Thanks.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Page views

Would it be possible to show how many times an item has been viewed in total? It would be handy to have the info when you view your listings, maybe along side the amount of likes you have had.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Easier way to re-arrange items in shop

I would love if there was an easier way to rearrange photos/items in your shop.

The current method is very laborious and time-consuming. (especially with over 200 listings!) Having to individually move these items up a list in the shopkeeping settings is just not working.

I would love a user-friendly way of organising photos/items within collections. I envision being able to view images of items in the 'collections' in a grid format and then being able to swap and change which position the items will be shown in your shop.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. A category for leathercrafts

A category for Leather, leather crafts, tools etc.

As this is becoming a very popular craft, but there is no real provision within the categories.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make items appear in PayPal

Currently Folksy items are not named in PayPal reports. There is usually a blank space. Ebay manages to tell paypal exactly what has been purchased/sold. Please make this work for Folksy too. Currently only way to see what item is is to click on it within PayPal. Time consuming when doing accounts

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Membership only by Approval

I have written to the Folksy operators to suggest that membership of Folksy should be "juried" or, perhaps a more appropriate term, "following approval". Folksy has a clear and serious problem dealing with the removal of unsuitable shops, products and applicants from the listings. This is primarily due to the easy, more-or-less-instant application process that is currently used.

Applications should include not only the person's UK address details but also a general description of the goods to be sold, along with actual images of a few products. It does mean that Folksy staff would have to manually check and approve…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Free Shipping option if buyer lives in your local area/vicinity

Could we have a Free Shipping option (only available to buyers who live in your immediate local area/vicinity?). You can deliver it in person @ the buyer's house once payment is received.

This would be better than buyer coming to your house.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. link site to social media and personal "who has viewed what" section

to be able to link folksy to social media sites would be great as i have to keep loggin in to each stit everytime i want to share and also have a feedback section that we can see how many has viewed our items and from where and which items have been searched for ? something like etsy does ?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Returning to edit

When you list or edt an item, we are taken to see item and no option to edit another without having to go back to our shop again., It would be good to be able to list another there or edit another !

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. How do I sell jewellery sets?

I want to sell a matching set of jewellery (necklace, earrings and bracelet), but only seem to be able to select individual categories. Is it possible to group them all together and sell as a set?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggested Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base