Suggested Features

Please add any suggestions for site features here. There’s no guarantee we will be able to implement your idea, but we welcome your thoughts!

1. Set my own processing times for made-to-order items

21 days is not enough time for me to process some made-to-order items so I use other sites to offer these "high end" products to my customers. I'd like to set my own timescales on Folksy please.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Billing information split

I have a plus account and re list some items every day. When I get my bill there are hundreds of entries to go through to check it, particularly when my bill has rolled over 2 or 3 months, because orders are mixed in with the listings. If possible could the bill have 2 sections...one showing listing fees, and a separate section listing orders?

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. please can you change the wording on the 'Holiday Mode' announcement to something more general.

Currently says Holiday! 'We're currently away and won't be able to process orders!' but I think it needs to be more general for those closing their shops for other reasons.

I've just popped my shop in holiday mode as it's half term- spending time with kids and prepping for upcoming fairs and spending less time online for a week. I'm NOT away and really not happy that the current shop announcement suggests I'm not at home- it's a security risk .Something more general like 'Shop temporarily Closed- We will reopen soon' would fit most circumstances. Space to add reopen dates…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It needs to be clear that you cannot leave feedback if you are only buying as a guest.

As a buyer of items from Sweet Bee Quilts, I was taken to the payment page and it wasn't clear I needed to make an account if I then wanted to give feedback. I now can't give feedback as i was classed as just a 'guest buyer'. Please can we still leave feedback if we are still guests?

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A new category for Sale items

Although there is now a category for Folksy Sale, this is chosen by Folksy. I think particularly at this time of year, sellers are missing the opportunity to clear back items and put some fresh new stock in their shops. If each defined area, e.g. Jewellery, home, etc. also had a Sale section, I think this would be helpful.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Character count for descriptions.

As we are limited to 1500 characters for our descriptions it would make writing them much easier if we had a built in counter which would tell us how many characters we have remaining. It's a waste of time to have to copy and paste the descriptions into a word-processing document to edit it's length.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adding an alternative to Paypal as a Payment Method

Is it possible to expand the payment options to include something other than Paypal? I know of a lot of people who aren't comfortable using Paypal and it would be good to have a choice of methods rather than just one. I know that we can accept cheques/bank drafts etc and then contact folksy to mark them as paid, but it would be good to offer a different method that was just a couple of clicks rather than a long winded conversation . Since I've been able to accept cards as well as paypal elsewhere, I've found most sales are…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can we have different sections for art prints and original artwork

In the art section of categories there is no distinction between prints and originals.

The distinction is very important to some people who by art.

Original art is sought out by some buyers. These kind of buyers may be put off buying from art Folksy if they are not able to filter the art prints out.

Buyers may also want to only see prints and can't filter out originals.

Separating the two is commonplace on sites where art is sold, would be nice for Folksy to follow suit to support the art sellers in the community. If enough people agree.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A channel to reply to enquiries through Folksy rather than through own email. I had an enquiry from a buyer through Folksy las week w

I had an enquiry from a buyer through Folksy las week wanting to know if I could supply an item that she thought was the perfect item in time for an anniversary gift. I replied immediately. And was surprised that someone so keen did not come back so I emailed another 2 times .....apologising in case she had changed her mind and wondering if my reply had arrived.
    She replied yesterday saying that she had only just seen my reply in her spam folder........she thought I had not replied and had bought elsewhere.
    One, this makes me look like I…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. start an affiliate program

start an affiliate program in order to encourage others to help market this site and the craft producers on it.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please, could we have a 'Save as Draft' option?

I'm currently setting up a new Folksy shop and have tried to put several listings as Drafts ready to list them when I'm ready. When you preview a listing your only options are to 'make changes' or 'list item'. If you just abandon it and click back to your dashboard it saves it as a draft. That's fine, it works but it seems a bit hit and miss. Plus you then need to navigate through 'manage listings', find 'Draft items' to start another.

Anna (not anonymous as it says but from WearItsAt, Cuprousity and (soon) Argentia)

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Custom Listing

Can we have a way of creating a custom listing for an item that has not been made yet, eg pet portrait. Maybe rather than a buy it button, a "start an order" button or "reserve an option"/"deposit" button. I don't like having to charge for a completed item without having discussed with the customer all the details and ensured I am able to complete the item they are requesting.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. View feedback with a picture of what was sold, rather than just the feedback itself.

I was wondering why feedback doesn't also show you a picture of the sold item that the feedback is about. There is an option to view but that is just a function to be able to see the whole sentence of the feedback. I feel that as sellers we are missing out on a major marketing tool. I think that most sellers/crafters would like the option to show a picture of their sold items as they are proud of their work. We also have a duty to let our potential customers know what's selling right now and what is on…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make Shop Name an automatic extra tag on all listings in a shop

My daughter was looking for something in my shop the other day and observed it is a shame there is no facility to search for things within a specific shop. She is quite right.
    Ok if you have a shop with limited stock but my shop is heaving with things and there's an awful lot of pages to get through if the thing you want is on the last page.
    I did suggest that if she had added Joysofglass to her search term it might have helped as I very often add it as a tag.
    From now on I…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to adjust a main image if it is tall, so that you can see the top and not just the middle

My fashion illustrations are tall and thin, but when I upload an image to my shop, all you can see is the middle of design. It would not tempt anyone to click on the image and my shop front doesn't look professional. Please could we have a feature so that we can adjust the main photo to show the top of an image ?

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Feedback to reflect multiple purchases

I have one client who bought 22 items but it only gives me one feedback. it looks like i have 21 people who didn't like my stuff.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We will be reviewing the way that feedback works in the future, and will take this situation into consideration, so that we can more accurately reflect positive buying experiences on the site.

18. Stock Level in Variations

Can we please have the ability to include stock levels in variations. We can include variations in price, but not the number of items available in each variation. Consequently if a particular item is sold out, it doesn’t reflect that in the listing.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. How about a basket for each shop?

I understand the 'continue shopping' thing was removed (although I don't agree with the reasons), but I feel it should be included as an in-shop feature. When I buy supplies from a Folksy shop and want to add more items, hitting the 'back' button to do so is not intuitive. It feels, as a user, that I might lose my existing items. I still persevere, and it works but it's off-putting from a general user perspective.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggested Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base