Skip to content

Suggested Features

Please add any suggestions for site features here. There’s no guarantee we will be able to implement your idea, but we welcome your thoughts!

252 results found

1. Download your shop orders to help with accounts

I'd like to be able to download a csv file of my sales so that I can add them into my accounts package or spreadsheets in one go, rather than having to do it all manually.

Thank you please

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. start an affiliate program

start an affiliate program in order to encourage others to help market this site and the craft producers on it.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to de-activate item straight from Item listing

I list some of my items on more than one site - if I sell on another site I have to spend quite a long time scrolling through my 190 or so listings to find the item I want to de-activate. I'd love to be able to make changes straight from the item listing by way of a Deactivate button or even through the current Edit button by reducing stock to zero. Thanks!

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Autocorrect feature in the search bar

Hello Folksy
    I was having trouble looking for an item because I kept misspelling it, so my search was coming up with 0 results every time.

I ended up googling the word in the end but most search bars correct you or make a suggestion such as ''Did you mean...'' I was wondering if we could have this as a feature in our search bar?

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make it more obvious that sellers should fill in their Profile (Meet the maker info)

Many new shops don't have the 'meet the maker' info filled in. I looked for mine just now and it took me ages to find it - it's in My Profile way down on my dashboard menu. And it is not at all obvious that the info you enter here is displayed to vistors when they click your name at the top of your shop.

Suggest that this is moved into the 'Shop Settings' page, and an explanation of how it is used to be added. Prompt people to say how long they have been crafting for, what techniques they…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be useful if we could create a free postage code, rather than a discount code. That way we could introduce new buyers to our shops

It would be useful if we could create a free postage code, rather than a discount code. Or even just a code that we could set the value of - a little bit like a gift voucher redeemed on Purchases.
    That way we could introduce new buyers to our shops with a free postage offer - or it could be given or used for people in our local area.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 'All' should not be a subcategory

I have just noticed that when listing an item, 'All' is a subcategory option. As a buyer, if I select 'All' within a category, I expect to see just that - all the items within the category, not just those that have been added to a subcategory called 'All'.

Please can you sort this out, as the way things stand at the moment I will have to list everything twice to stand half a chance of being found by buyers - once under the correct category (i.e. jewellery - earrings - glass) and once under 'All' (jewellery - earrings -…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. please can you change the wording on the 'Holiday Mode' announcement to something more general.

Currently says Holiday! 'We're currently away and won't be able to process orders!' but I think it needs to be more general for those closing their shops for other reasons.

I've just popped my shop in holiday mode as it's half term- spending time with kids and prepping for upcoming fairs and spending less time online for a week. I'm NOT away and really not happy that the current shop announcement suggests I'm not at home- it's a security risk .Something more general like 'Shop temporarily Closed- We will reopen soon' would fit most circumstances. Space to add reopen dates…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Character count for descriptions.

As we are limited to 1500 characters for our descriptions it would make writing them much easier if we had a built in counter which would tell us how many characters we have remaining. It's a waste of time to have to copy and paste the descriptions into a word-processing document to edit it's length.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The ability to use CSV files for bulk uploads of new inventory.

Using a CSV file with all your data under sub headings allows you to upload all of your inventory in one upload rather than having to list all items individually and would save a ridiculous amount of time.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Billing information split

I have a plus account and re list some items every day. When I get my bill there are hundreds of entries to go through to check it, particularly when my bill has rolled over 2 or 3 months, because orders are mixed in with the listings. If possible could the bill have 2 sections...one showing listing fees, and a separate section listing orders?

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Get rid of percentages linked to stars

It is so disappointing to see your percentage drop due to a four star review.
    I have experienced this and seen it happen on other shops. The customer is very pleased with the item but takes off a star, because for instance, it is a gift and hasn’t tried it.
    This is upsetting as you can never recover to 100% through no fault of your own. It doesn’t look good to a potential customer either if the percentage rating has dropped.
    Let’s just have a star average instead.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Can we have different sections for art prints and original artwork

In the art section of categories there is no distinction between prints and originals.

The distinction is very important to some people who by art.

Original art is sought out by some buyers. These kind of buyers may be put off buying from art Folksy if they are not able to filter the art prints out.

Buyers may also want to only see prints and can't filter out originals.

Separating the two is commonplace on sites where art is sold, would be nice for Folksy to follow suit to support the art sellers in the community. If enough people agree.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please, could we have a 'Save as Draft' option?

I'm currently setting up a new Folksy shop and have tried to put several listings as Drafts ready to list them when I'm ready. When you preview a listing your only options are to 'make changes' or 'list item'. If you just abandon it and click back to your dashboard it saves it as a draft. That's fine, it works but it seems a bit hit and miss. Plus you then need to navigate through 'manage listings', find 'Draft items' to start another.

Anna (not anonymous as it says but from WearItsAt, Cuprousity and (soon) Argentia)

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Search function in my listings

It would be great to be able to search my own listings, since it can be quite hare to find an item that I need to remove if it has been sold elsewhere or to copy it for a new similar listing.
    This could also be solved by giving us a 'copy' and a 'hide' button on the item page next to the 'edit' button.
    Would make my life that bit easier :o)

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Custom Listing

Can we have a way of creating a custom listing for an item that has not been made yet, eg pet portrait. Maybe rather than a buy it button, a "start an order" button or "reserve an option"/"deposit" button. I don't like having to charge for a completed item without having discussed with the customer all the details and ensured I am able to complete the item they are requesting.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to adjust a main image if it is tall, so that you can see the top and not just the middle

My fashion illustrations are tall and thin, but when I upload an image to my shop, all you can see is the middle of design. It would not tempt anyone to click on the image and my shop front doesn't look professional. Please could we have a feature so that we can adjust the main photo to show the top of an image ?

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. A new category for Sale items

Although there is now a category for Folksy Sale, this is chosen by Folksy. I think particularly at this time of year, sellers are missing the opportunity to clear back items and put some fresh new stock in their shops. If each defined area, e.g. Jewellery, home, etc. also had a Sale section, I think this would be helpful.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggested Features