Suggested Features

Please add any suggestions for site features here. There’s no guarantee we will be able to implement your idea, but we welcome your thoughts!

1. Adjustable thumbnail images

It's not always possible to crop an image to be square. So it would be great if you could allow us to move/resize the thumbnail, so that if the item is not exactly in the centre of your image or it's not possible to make the image square, you can adjust the thumbnail so that it doesn't look badly cropped and messy.
    Currently I'm having to constantly re-crop my image to try and make sure the thumbnail is centered which is very fiddly. Shop images don't need to be square so seems weird the thumbnail is a forced, un-customisable crop…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change the pin icon and categories shown in our shops

The pin in our shops under the 'designed by' takes people out of our shops after we have worked hard to get them there.

It would make more sense if the links took them to other items in the same category IN our shops rather than similar items in other peoples shops.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The ability to use CSV files for bulk uploads of new inventory.

Using a CSV file with all your data under sub headings allows you to upload all of your inventory in one upload rather than having to list all items individually and would save a ridiculous amount of time.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Introducing Subsections in a shop

It would seem sensible to have the ability to add subsections to a shop i.e. if you clicked on one of the sections on the LHS a drop down list would appear giving the potential purchaser the opportunity to further narrow their choice.
    e.g. I sell a number of different photo related items such as greetings cards, fine art prints, iphone cases, mugs etc which are listed as Sections. But it would be very useful if they could be further subdivided into Subsections such as Landscape, Still life, Animals, Abstract etc

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please add the ability to filter by location of item.

I would like to be able to get things made by artisans local to the area, not only for purposes of shipping cost/time, but also as a way to discover nearby businesses or businesses in areas I will be traveling in. Additionally, as some items are custom made, knowing that the seller is local gives the opportunity to do fittings or to see items in person.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Store history

Please could we have information added to our shop fronts which tells customers how long we have been with Folksy - surely it would be reassurance for some.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Search facility within listings

Hello, I have brought this up before, but it was a good while back. I really think a search facility is needed when we are managing our listings.

I currently have three pages of listings, and although archaic it is possible to use CTRL &F to try to search, but it isn't possible from a mobile.

I have closed my shop previously due to the unmanageable dashboard/clumsy workarounds, and hoped it had been resolved, especially as a decent Stats system had been recently given a facelift.

Also the option to delete/hide a listing when viewing the item would be very…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a Phone Number field to sales area for Buyers

Just a thought after the recent buyer problems.
    I think you should make the buyer leave a phone number, that way any problem could be resolved quite quickly over the phone.
    (It should be stated that the number would not be used for any other purpose)

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pet Categories

Please could we have a separate category for pets. At the moment it is combined with the garden, as "garden & pets". As i like to make all different types of pet clothes (such as scarfs etc etc) it would be much more helpful for me & customers. At the moment the only option is to put most items in the "all other stuff" subdivision...... which is not much fun or descriptive. Thank you for looking at this.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Folksy to run an ad, print, tv campaign

Hi there,
    Although not a direct feature for folksy users, it would improve folksy life! I've seen etsy advertised online, over the radio, on tv, in magazines, blogs etc. I would love to see Folksy make a commitment to advertising themselves, in turn helping sellers to reach more audiences.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Text messages sent when you sell something

Text messages sent to your phone when you sell an item or get a message on folksy, this would improve speed of sales, and also if you buy something you could then get gentle text reminders if you do not pay / leave feedback within reasonable time. This could be a feature CHOSEN by the folksy sellers as some sellers may not want this features.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Unavailable on holiday is not the same as out of stock

When I was on holiday I received this message
    "We have been looking for some time and saw your kingfisher suncatcher but disappointed to see it is unavailble. Will you be making anymore as we would like 2 please"

I wrote back to say that it was unavailable as i was on holiday not because i hadn't got one.

It struck me that a lot of customers would simply walk away and not bother if they saw that message. Fortunately i responded and in a couple of weeks will be selling 2 on here.

The problem arises because when in…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Shipping Date

Could Folksy possibly include the date when we marked the item as shipped on past orders? Something like 'Shipped 3.8.15' would be sufficient. This would help with items that appear to be lost in the post.
    Thank you.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability To Convert UK Currency USA Currency

If you would have some kind of currency converter on the Folksy site; would be helpful to anyone that doesn't know, or understand, your Country's currency.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The ability to have the name of your town name appear underneath your name

If there was an option to add the name of your town followed by UK instead of just United Kingdom and have it appear under your name in your shop.

Buyers would stand a better chance of finding local shops and would be able to opt for collection and save the cost of postage.

Sometimes the cost of postage can be more than the cost of the actual item.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Search function in my listings

It would be great to be able to search my own listings, since it can be quite hare to find an item that I need to remove if it has been sold elsewhere or to copy it for a new similar listing.
    This could also be solved by giving us a 'copy' and a 'hide' button on the item page next to the 'edit' button.
    Would make my life that bit easier :o)

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improvements that need making to reduce acidental purchase's and make it clearer shipping charges on muliple shop orders

Shipping doesn't appear until you are ready to confirm order and there is no cancel button at that point, which might help customers who make a mistake, and is there away of showing shipping when
    you add something to a basket as if you buy form multiple shops it could come as a shock?
    A remove items or empty basket button might also help.
    if someone wants to cancel for whatever reason and they are told to contact the seller, yet sellers can't cancel for 24 hrs and at the weekend there is no Folksy support. It also means items…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Could Folksy do something similar to Etsy, where it is easy to see other sellers' favourite items/shops? Helps with ideas for buying!

On Etsy you can see what other sellers and buyers have favourited (items and shops). I find this really helpful - you often come across items you would never have found otherwise, especially if you find someone with similar tastes to yours. Could Folksy do something like this? If you find a shop you like, the chances are the seller will have favourited other items you will like and might want to buy.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Different delivery options for individual listings

It would be really useful if for each listing customers could choose between different postage options. For example, guaranteed, first class or second class. Not everyone needs their orders immediately, so customers can save money on delivery costs.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. list new items first not last

Why are new listings added to the end of my shops items? Surely it makes sense for new items to appear first, not last. I know I can change this in my dashboard but with over 700 items it takes forever to load up everytime I add a new item, and my ipad can't even manage it! It crashes! Please list new items first NOT last

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggested Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base